Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
4 registered (Socketman, dakkon, tomtuttle, Ian), 133 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12690 Members
11 Forums
22681 Topics
400447 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10675
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#266526 - 07/19/09 02:36 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: Ajax]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Yeah, that's the thing. I'm waiting until I can give it the attention I know it deserves!

#266527 - 07/19/09 02:40 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: MarkSJohnson]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Mark, once you start watching it and get past the first episode, which really isn't bad, but compared to the others it is a bit slow, you'll find time to give it attention. It really pulls you along.

Sit down now!!! and start watching.

*Darth Vader voice*

It is your destiny!

#266531 - 07/19/09 04:11 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: St_PatGuy]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Loc: Central NH
Luuuuuuke: Watch the Broooothers.....

#266532 - 07/19/09 04:41 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: MarkSJohnson]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
I'd rather watch Luke's twin sister.

#266534 - 07/19/09 05:31 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: Ajax]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
P.S. I found episode one to be a little slow (YMMV). If, after watching it, you find yourself saying "Gee? What's all the fuss about," just wait until the series gets down and dirty.

Round one may have been off to a slow start but it really was an integral part of the series to give a good insight of Capt. Sobel, which ultimately leads to the following scene ...

"Capt. Sobel, Capt. Sobel..."

Just one of my many favorite scenes of the movie. \:\)

smile

#266543 - 07/19/09 07:24 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you..... [Re: RickF]
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I agree completely, Rick. Heh! I just finished episode 10 which contained that scene.

By the way, the Blu-ray version has some interesting special features. Be sure to watch the whole thing at least once without activating any special features. Then, on the second or third time through, try turning on the "Interactive Field Guide - In the Field with the Men of Easy Company." It's a very interesting graphic time line that rests at the bottom of the screen. It contains tidbits of knowledge, photos, and even videos of the real men and events.

If you don't want to watch the entire thing again, using your remote's cursor you can jump from benchmark to benchmark and just look at the additional material. I haven't tried the other interactive feature, "Picture-in-Picture Commentary - In the Words of Easy Company." I don't believe these features are available on the standard definition version.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#266783 - 07/21/09 06:43 PM Re: RIP Darrell "Shifty" Powers, and thank you.... [Re: Ajax]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
...well it's about time the media kicked this up a notch... Shifty hits the internet

Scott

My HT

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.