Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
My Axiom experience,support,advice, and loyalty
#266930 07/23/09 06:02 AM
jhunt17 Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
I have been looking back at my previous posts here and have decided I have to write this. I went back and looked at all of my posts and began to think about my experiences with axiom. It began with looking at my first posts about how excited I was when I ordered and has grown into I need to write this and if anyone else has had similar experiences please post as well.

Way back in 2005 I was looking at getting new speakers. I had an old home theater in a box. One day I happened into a high end speaker store just for the heck of it. BIG MISTAKE!!! I had no idea speakers could sound like THAT! Then I got sticker shock and my hopes and dreams were dashed. Then I began looking at speakers online. All I kept seeing were these ads for Axiom and how people seemed to love them. I then joined the axiom forums and began asking questions. Everyone on the forum was amazing with all of their help and advice. I never once felt like I was being pushed toward the axiom product. I asked about this speaker and that speaker against the axioms and got honest input. That was indication one that there might be something to these after all. At that time purchasing anything online was a scary thing to do, but I figured with the 30 day trial what the heck. So I finally got the nerve to click that last button and purchase the axioms. I spent a few days on the boards all excited and asked when I might recieve them. Then Amie came on to tell me when I would recieve them. That was cool! It was very quick. I believe I ordered and it was on the truck the same day out. I recieved them in two days I believe. I went home and spent the next few hours unboxing and hooking up speaker wire. Then excitedly turned them on. WHAT THE?? was my first reaction. The sub sounded like it was going to explode, shook the house and just sounded way not right and all the other speakers just didn't quite sound right either. So back to the boards again. I asked many questions and everyone did a wonderful job explaining how I needed to calibrate the speakers and the sub using a spl meter and how to get rid of my ground loop noise that Alan came on the board to answer for me. At this point I thought, at least they are amazing with cusomer support. I hadn't even called them and here they are coming to me answering my questions on the forum of all places. So I get the spl meter do my calibration albeit rough and then WOW!!!! What a night and day difference. I spent every day the next few weeks it seems putting in different movie scenes and music and realizing how much of the movie I was missing. I then moved into a new house and my father and I built a theater room. I asked questions about room acoustics, sound proofing, and speaker placement. There were more than enough willing participants to help with my questions. Then my sub develped a rattle. I think it had been there for a while, but I had mistaken it for rumbling furniture. I called axiom and they replaced it just like that. I know it was under warranty, but from my experiences most companies look at you as if you did something wrong and try to find any way to make it void and you have to pay for it. So after that I decided that all of my speaker purchases would be axioms. I have since bought m2's for my other room, but I am dying to upgrade to the m80s. I have many people hear them and love them. I am a proud owner and I can't tell you how many times I have come home from a movie and said, "It would have sounded better in my theater at home." With the support and knowledge I get from axiom and the forum I have become a loyal axiom customer for life. Thank you to all of those that have helped me on the forum over the years and Thank you Axiom for making a product that makes a man smile everyday!

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center
Re: My Axiom experience,support,advice, and loyalty
jhunt17 #266931 07/23/09 06:10 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Great post, and I can relate. I've never found an online community as fun to visit and participate in as this one, and I've never dealt with better customer service than Axiom's. I'm pretty sure I'm a lifer. Even if I eventually get another brand of speakers for a system, I can't foresee a time when I won't want something new that Axiom is offering, or a time when I won't want to shoot the breeze with all of these great guys.

CV #266939 07/23/09 11:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Thanks for sharing! I think this matches most people's experience, but since we hear mostly about problems (normal), it is always nice to hear about satisfaction!
As for me, I ran out of rooms to put speakers in so I will have to move to a bigger place to have more Axioms... Nah! I'll find a way! \:\)

See Mojo's signature
jhunt17 #266946 07/23/09 01:39 PM
B
B
What a great post! Timely as well, my speakers will be arriving today. Thank you for sharing.

BinaryKing #266947 07/23/09 01:58 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Axiom has a great business model and it is executed flawlessly. If you take into account products/price, quality control to customer support they are hard to beat for the money. One of the best run companies in audio.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #266955 07/23/09 04:24 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I was also impressed with the pre purchase support I got from Axiom and here on the forums. I'm confident that if I ever have an issue with my speakers I will be taken care of.

Many companies could learn something from Axiom.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #266958 07/23/09 05:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: fredk

Yup! ;\)

With regards to pre-purchase customer support is the they go to great lengths to try find what will work best for your situation and not necessarily recommend whats most expensive. There is no pressure or "salesmanship".

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #266960 07/23/09 05:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Agreed, I remember sending numerous emails to Alan with numerous questions...not only about Axiom, but speakers and HT in general...no pressure to buy, just explanations, suggestions and good advice. I also talked to both Brent and JC at different times and they too, were freindly and helpfull with no pushy sales tactics that I had found in a couple of audio stores I had been in. Also, the forum here is an excellent place for info, opinion and some good laughs.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #266972 07/23/09 06:58 PM
P
aficionado
aficionado
P
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
 Originally Posted By: fredk

Yup! ;\)

With regards to pre-purchase customer support is the they go to great lengths to try find what will work best for your situation and not necessarily recommend whats most expensive. There is no pressure or "salesmanship".

I posted about this same thing when I was trying to make a decision on my speakers. The reviews and quality product are what drew me to Axiom to begin with... But being a salesman myself for a large online Canadian company, I always try and put a customer into product that is right for them, not always what is best for me or the company to sell. I found Axiom took that same philosophy when I posed the same question to them twice. Not only did they recommend the less expensive setup, but explained in detail as to why. I truly appreciate that, and they have won my business for years to come because of it.

Potatohead #266974 07/23/09 07:07 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Amen, my brothers.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic