Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: My Axiom experience,support,advice, and loyalty
jhunt17 #266979 07/23/09 08:00 PM
F
frequent flier
frequent flier
F
+1 here. I used to SELL lines like Paradigm, NHT, Kef, Canton, and B&W back when I was in college. I'll be buying and recommending Axiom from now on after owning a set of M60s, a VP150, and QS8s.

Customer service for an online company is critical and the only two online companies I have full faith in for making sure the customer is happy are Axiom and Amazon.

Foobarred #266980 07/23/09 08:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Foobarred
+1 here. I used to SELL lines like Paradigm, NHT, Kef, Canton, and B&W back when I was in college. I'll be buying and recommending Axiom from now on after owning a set of M60s, a VP150, and QS8s.

Customer service for an online company is critical and the only two online companies I have full faith in for making sure the customer is happy are Axiom and Amazon.

+2 Communication/customer service is so important when purchasing products online.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #266991 07/24/09 01:43 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great story! Mine is actually quite similar. My dad had a set up that he bought from Radio Shack back when I was a kid. It was a rack system, with pretty decent speakers. Technics receiver, dual tape deck, and record player. I'm not sure what brand his towers were, but at such an impressionable age, I thought they were simply awesome!!!

When I grew up I always had a love for music played on a good system. But all through my 20's I dumped all of my audio money into my car system. I had the standard Aiwa bookshelf system at the house that I thought did well enough for movies. But once I approached 30 I wanted more of a Home Theater system. I dumped what I thought was serious cash (around $7000 dollars) into an electronics store system. Which means it was expensive enough, but not exactly 'top shelf' equipment. The one piece that wasn't bought at HH Gregs was my Denon receiver. When I bought it internet shopping was just coming of age. I was actually looking for one of the Sony's I'd seen at HH Gregs cheaper online, and discovered a whole new world of receivers!!! The top of the line model at HH Gregs was like $700 bucks. I found it online for around $450... but I also realized that $700 bucks didn't even scratch the roof of the high-end receiver market! That's when I discovered that home audio was a heck of a lot more than what you could find at a department or electronics store!

So when it was time to build my new system from the ground up, I headed straight for my computer and started looking. I had never heard of Axiom before last November. I was looking for surround speakers when I stumbled across the QS8's. After I went to Axiom's home page I was really enthralled because they had everything, from the surrounds, to some kick ass towers, to bad ass subwoofers. At first the subs shocked me, because I had previously planned out around $1000 dollars for my sub purchase. But as luck would have it I'd also planned for about $2000 dollars for my towers. So the savings I'd get from the M80's would afford me an EP500 and perhaps even EP600. So I joined the Axiom forum and started thinking about going with this company... but at the time they were probably somewhere around 3rd or 4th on my list of suitors.

It took about 3 or 4 weeks of hearing endless stories of satisfaction with the M80's before I started to seriously consider Axiom. I was previously concerned if a $1300 dollar pair of tower speakers would do it for me. I really wondered if they'd be enough after drooling over $2000+ dollar sets like the Paradigm Studio 100's and the like. But the raves were soothing, and so I started to really gear up for my new decision, and got REALLY excited about purchasing them... until the Bob thread!!!

That really turned my thoughts around on their ear. Suddenly I wondered if it were possible that my ears were anything like Bobs ears, and if I was making a big, BIG mistake??? It wasn't like I was wasting any money, not with Axiom's return policy anyway. But it suddenly hit me that I'd never even heard one of these speakers, and yet I was about to send someone $4500 of my hard earned dollars. I voiced my concerns, and to my delight SRoode (where has that rascal been lately?) invited me over for a demo. Ok, now we were cooking with gas. I was really neutral when I went to Steve's house. I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst just in case. Well, needless to say I could never have imagined how incredible Steve's set up could sound. It was like hitting crack for the 1st time, I was instantly and hopelessly hooked!!!

I decided to wait until after our trip to Italy, and then about a month more once we got back since we'd spent SOOOO much money over there!!! But then we put our order in. One last moment of tepidation... what if my room isn't compatible with the Axioms??? Once again I hoped for the best but expected the worst. When they arrived I'd already run my wires out from the Denon to accept the speakers. So after quickly hooking up the M80's I switched on the radio while hooking up the other speaks... INCREDIBLE MUSIC flowed from these babies in my horrible accoustically flawed room!!! And nothing was even close to being calibrated yet!!!

The month since that day has been one huge love fest with my HT system. I've had a few set-backs with the subwoofer, but besides that there's no way I could have ever known I'd have wound up with something that sounded this good way back last fall when my journey started. It has exceeded every single expectation I ever had. I'm incredibly happy!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
jhunt17 #266994 07/24/09 01:55 AM
shareholder in the making
JH(and Micah and others), thanks for sharing your thoughts. This is what I've also experienced and why I've been here for over seven years now trying to support the cause of truth in audio.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #266995 07/24/09 02:14 AM
jhunt17 Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
It is great to hear positive stories once in a while, but i can hardly remember any bad ones on this site. I love my theater room that I built because of the sound that I get from this system. I get to experience movies not just watch them.

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center
Micah #266996 07/24/09 02:21 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Micah

It was like hitting crack for the 1st time, I was instantly and hopelessly hooked!!!

Originally Posted By: Tyrone Biggums
Remember what the Bible says: He who is without sin, cast the first rock. And I shall smoketh it.

\:D

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #267009 07/24/09 04:04 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
All of these mentions of crack by Micah are making me think he knows what he's talking about.

CV #267012 07/24/09 06:09 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: CV
All of these mentions of crack by Micah are making me think he knows what he's talking about.

DOH!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
jhunt17 #267013 07/24/09 06:18 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: jhunt17
...but I am dying to upgrade to the m80s.

Ironton Ohio eh? You should bring your M60's to my house, I live about 3 and a half hours from you on the border of Indiana/Ohio. We could do some comparison's to see if you need to upgrade to the M80's or are happy with your M60's as is. It would be a hoot!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
JohnK #267019 07/24/09 09:00 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: JohnK
...trying to support the cause of truth in audio.

I bet John posts wearing a cape. ;\)

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,231 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup