This is personal opinion and can be taken with a grain of salt. (Am I using that properly?..hmmmm)

Well both definitely sound different. I just sold the Cd-63 se couple of days ago and did a comparison for the guy before I sold it. There Marantz had a more tubelike sound. The was detail but the Azur had just a little more...but not much more info and the sound was how can say "more bassy". The character was kinda warm-like. The soundstage center sounded a little lower than sitting position.
The Azur I can be say seems to be more digital-like....but that also can be said to have more detail. None of the frequencies are rolled off. Soundstage comes dead center sitting position.
Both are great players and have different characters. Not one is better than the other. The 63Se is still an amazing player with used prices. It would be great for mini monitor speakers that lacked the lower frequencies.
I like lots of detail so I went with the Azur and it pairs well with the planer speakers (Maggies) I have. Lots of CD I do own sound horrible now. Gives me an excuse to find some really good mastered CDs.

One caveat on the Cambridge ... the transports kinda noisy. It wasn't dead silent like the Marantz.