AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, wilwom), 49 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22923 Topics
405271 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17792
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11240
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Page 718 of 847 < 1 2 ... 716 717 718 719 720 ... 846 847 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#358257 - 11/07/11 03:04 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? ***** [Re: CV]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Maybe Ian had a bad incident once with someone who was already injured? I mean, I get your point, AND it is a somewhat higher level of liability than signing an object and handing it to someone.

I post because a close friend of mine (former college roommate, Mike) had a VERY different experience with him. We had seen the Ian Anderson show in Seattle's Moore Theater on Saturday night (November 2009) and then Mike saw the Sunday night version in Spokane (where he now resides).

Quote:
...The Spokane show last night was excellent as well. He had fun with his “global cooling” story as there was still a little snow on the ground here and the temperature was quite low. I just returned from coffee at the Davenport and had the good fortune to speak with Ian, the bass player, and the woman on viola for a few minutes. I suspected I might see them as... the hotel has an arrangement with both the Fox Theater and the Knitting Factory. I found out from the bass player that the six string was custom made for him by a friend in Ireland and when I asked about never seeing him tune up on stage he just said “it’s a very nice instrument and holds its tune well”. He was VERY interested in how they sounded to the audience, and asked me several questions about the mix and where we were seated when he learned I was at both shows. Ian was surprisingly friendly and asked me a few questions about both shows as well. He signed a copy of Aqualung I just happened to have with me and said he expects to be back as he just received an invitation to perform with the Spokane Symphony that he plans to accept...

Yes, I did call him out for "just happened to have" a copy of Aqualung.

So, you know, sometimes but not always and all that.

#358260 - 11/07/11 03:30 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: tomtuttle]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Well, I'm glad you shared that because, truthfully, who wants to think that one of their music loves from Teendom might actually be a jerk?

I'm going to revise the story in my head now. The little injured kid must have said something d**kish before I was close enough to hear!

'Lil Brat. I hate that kid SO much! (That smart mouth of his is probably how he got that broken arm!)

#358281 - 11/07/11 08:01 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I put on Marina and the Diamonds yesterday. Do you know if she has anything new coming out soon?

Seems like she's going to do small releases for a while leading up to an album. She put out that "Radioactive" 7-track EP. It's all different versions of the same song, though. I think I remember seeing that she was aiming for a full album next year sometime.

I remember you posting a link to the video a while back. I look forward to her next album.

#358298 - 11/07/11 11:55 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Online   confused
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I remember you posting a link to the video a while back. I look forward to her next album.

I'm looking forward to it way more! Agh! Stop trying to out-fan me!

#358299 - 11/08/11 12:09 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Marina has already promised to hand-deliver a signed copy of it. With a lock of her hair in the jewel case as a memento.

#358301 - 11/08/11 12:14 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Online   confused

Well, she's going to give me a bouquet of restraining orders, so who's the bigger fan, really?

#358303 - 11/08/11 12:20 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Yeah, I can't beat that.

You win.

Sorta.

#358307 - 11/08/11 12:44 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Online   confused

Stone Darling - "Love Song" (The Cure cover)

Yay, they finally sent one of the cover songs they owe me. I'm waiting on one more. I can't wait to get their first EP, too. Should be soon!

#358353 - 11/09/11 04:29 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Online   confused

Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials

Decent so far, but I'm tired and need to sleep. I think I'm getting sick.

#358362 - 11/09/11 11:16 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: CV]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Last night we listened to my Feist station on Pandora Radio. There were the usual suspects - Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Florence + the Machine.

In addition, there were some new tracks that I appreciated. I had never heard of The xx, but I really liked their song "Islands".

Page 718 of 847 < 1 2 ... 716 717 718 719 720 ... 846 847 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.