AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (CV, bridgman, SirQuack), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404222 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#331016 - 12/10/10 11:06 AM Weather website.
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.

What weather website do you guys like the best. I was using weather.com but it really doesn't supply all that good of info. Suggestions?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#331018 - 12/10/10 11:09 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: Wid]
ClubNeon Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Western Maryland, USA
My phone included an app that polls AccuWeather.com. I've checked their site too. I like it.
-Chris

#331019 - 12/10/10 11:13 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: ClubNeon]
merchman Offline
aficionado

Loc: WI
I like AccuWeather.com as well.

#331020 - 12/10/10 11:13 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: ClubNeon]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
I use a professional weather station for PRECISE micro weather measurements and for a micro 24-48 hour forecast in our area. On a macro level I just use the local news.

-Max Payne

#331021 - 12/10/10 11:16 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: Wid]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida

smile

#331100 - 12/10/10 03:53 PM Re: Weather website. [Re: RickF]
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
I generally just look out the window. But if I really need more info than that, it's usually weather.com or wunderground.com

#331103 - 12/10/10 04:09 PM Re: Weather website. [Re: spiffnme]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.

#331191 - 12/10/10 11:54 PM Re: Weather website. [Re: spiffnme]
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
Originally Posted By: spiffnme
I generally just look out the window. But if I really need more info than that, it's usually weather.com or wunderground.com

I doubt just looking out the window will tell you if there's 12" of snow coming your way. Thanks for the help though smirk

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#331193 - 12/11/10 12:06 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: Adrian]
bridgman Online   content
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
I live in what seems to be an odd micro-climate (north side of the Oak Ridges Moraine) in the middle of nowhere, and haven't found a city/location on weathernetwork or any other site that has weather even vaguely similar to what I get here.

After I started taking flying lessons I went onto the Environment Canada site and found very good weather maps that (combined with ground school lessons) gave a good picture of expected weather pretty much anywhere, but (a) I gradually forgot the ground school lessons, and (b) one day I forgot which buttons to press on the EC web site and that was pretty much the end of my ability to anticipate the local weather.

Now I look out the window like everyone else.

For anyone concerned about my apparent lack of retention re: flying and ground school lessons, don't worry , I didn't actually get my pilots license. I was OK with spins but stalls pushed all my panic buttons (fear of heights and love of flying have to collide somewhere) and I decided that it would be safer for everyone if I wasn't sitting in the left seat.

A number of people suggested that the problem was actually a result of flying with a yoke rather than a stick, and one day I have to see if that is actually the case. I figure if I give the instructor a stun-gun and pre-approval to use it if necessary it should be relatively safe for both of us.

Edited by bridgman (12/11/10 12:10 AM)

#331202 - 12/11/10 09:02 AM Re: Weather website. [Re: bridgman]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Originally Posted By: bridgman
I was OK with spins but stalls pushed all my panic buttons...

John that's odd, I'd think most experienced pilots would guess that spins rather than stalls would push the panic buttons with beginner pilots. I developed a fear of heights only after I started flying, walked many 12" wide bridge beams carrying an 8x4' sheet of plywood or a shoulder stacked with rebar back in my younger constructions days but you couldn't get me near one now without having a panic attack although flying has never bothered me in the least.

I don't remember ever hearing anything about about the stick vs the yoke making flying any easier from your regard with stalls and heights but it will most definitely sharpen your groundwork skills and if you really enjoy flying you ought to give it a shot, my guess is that you'll be so mentally busy with thoughts of landing whenever you hit the stalls you'll not even remember them ... painless!

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.