Print Thread
Rate Thread
Setup of QS8 on Stands .....
#34527 02/20/04 01:34 PM
tangupa Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Hello to All ! Thank you to everyone for their valuable advice on past postings .... I just received my Axiom speakers and have begun the setup process. The first step is to put together the stands for the QS8's. However, the one page instruction doc that comes with the stands is not that clear when it comes to how the top part of the mount is to be connected to the bracket legs for proper mounting of the speaker. I did open one of the QS8 boxes and tried to figure things out with the metal bracket and QS8 instructions in hand but this was not too successful either. I feel like an idiot asking this question since I have put together many things in my lifetime and I'm sure the process is a simple one once you have done it once. I was just curious if anyone else has run into this situation or is it just me ? PS _ I will probably also contact Axiom support to see if better instructions exist ..... Thank you ... Paul ....

Re: Setup of QS8 on Stands .....
#34528 02/20/04 06:45 PM
buff
buff
I don't think you're going to use the metal bracket... that is for wall mounting. There should be a U-shaped wooden one for each speaker too, unless something has changed since I got mine.

I had trouble with my QS8 stands too...
I was able to secure the wooden bracket to the speaker no problem, but setting the speaker and bracket atop the stand legs, none of the holes lined up. So they're just sitting there.
Axiom actually sent me another sent of stands right away (yet another testament to the outstanding customer service), but I've been so lazy I haven't even tried them out. So my speakers are just sitting there, not affixed.

Re: Setup of QS8 on Stands .....
#34529 02/21/04 02:06 AM
tangupa Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I received some additional information from Axiom support. Just as I thought, the set up of the stands and the QS8's was a very straightforward process. The stands appear well constructed and I was very pleased overall with the fit and snugness of the finished product. I think if the instruction sheet was a bit more informative (something which one might expect when purchasing a quality speaker) that confusion to other consumers may be avoided. Thank you to all who replied to this post ...

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,489
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044