AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (richeydog, Boltron, MarkSJohnson), 141 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403271 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10833
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#362865 - 01/06/12 12:23 AM EPZero question
BrokenHalo83 Offline

I'm considering getting a set of audiobytes for my computer audio. I'm going to want to add a subwoofer as well. Mostly listen to music on my computer. Is the EPzero up powerful enough at low and and higher volumes? I like the rumble from the low bass, not the punch in the chest type bass

Edited by BrokenHalo83 (01/06/12 12:24 AM)

#362866 - 01/06/12 12:49 AM Re: EPZero question [Re: BrokenHalo83]
jakewash Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
The Audiobytes are great little speakers. I haven't heard an EPzero so I have no idea what one is like but I have heard the Audiobytes with an older good quality sub and it was a great little system. You could always try one out and if you do not like it you can always return it and add another sub of your choice.

My HT

#362867 - 01/06/12 12:49 AM Re: EPZero question [Re: BrokenHalo83]
Kruncher Offline
devotee

Loc: Maple Ridge, BC
I have no personal experience with the EP Zero (nor the Audiobytes), but I found this comment from one of the PC World sites both relevant and useful:

"Dual 6.5in drivers in the subwoofer allow response to be somewhat uniform. The end result of this is that bass response is tight rather than booming. If you’re looking for a bass-heavy system you might want to look elsewhere, but if you can appreciate a system that exposes nuance and detail within music then this could be the right option."

#362888 - 01/06/12 08:58 AM Re: EPZero question [Re: Kruncher]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
The EP0 will not give you rumble. You'll get more bass, but if you want rumble, you'll need a powered sub. It's a very small speaker/sub; it really rounds out the sound more than adds really low bass.

#362890 - 01/06/12 09:16 AM Re: EPZero question [Re: Kruncher]
Jc Offline
aficionado

Loc: Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
I have no personal experience with the EP Zero (nor the Audiobytes), but I found this comment from one of the PC World sites both relevant and useful:

"Dual 6.5in drivers in the subwoofer allow response to be somewhat uniform. The end result of this is that bass response is tight rather than booming. If you’re looking for a bass-heavy system you might want to look elsewhere, but if you can appreciate a system that exposes nuance and detail within music then this could be the right option."

Hi,
The EP Zero has changed configuration and shape since then; it does not employ dual 6.5 woofers anymore; only a single one. The bass quality is still its forte over quantity and extension and it is more powerful than it used to be. As you mentined "I like the rumble from the low bass" then you might want to consider an independent more powerful subwoofer for "rumble" with exceptional musical deep bass. My colleague Brent uses an EP400.

#362975 - 01/06/12 08:17 PM Re: EPZero question [Re: Jc]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
It does have a -3db point of 35Hz, which is very good for a 6.5" driver. I can't imagine you will get very loud on a single driver that size though.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.