AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 162 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404644 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#368072 - 02/27/12 12:17 AM I'm not sure...but Bob might be a little Snooty.
Lampshade Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Holbrook, MA
My "friend" Bob stopped by for a little while today. He came to listen to the new amp. He was his usual charming self while complimenting the Pioneer but only gave the 80's a furtive glance. And I had just dusted them. He was averting his eyes to them and literally squirming in the chair. I initially thought it was the vinyl speakers but perhaps it was because it was a La z Boy recliner (In leather, Bob, LEATHER). Anyhoo, he finally demands that I put the grilles back on the 80's so the "nude" look of the grille would camouflage them better and would no longer diminish his viewing experience. I was a little hurt but I kept a brave face.
He had also come over expecting me to give him back one of his cds. I couldn't find it. He didn't see me hide it in my Pothos after he looked down his nose at my vinyl 80's one more time.

Other notes of interest during our listening session:

1. I introduced him to Holly Cole. He agreed it was a brilliantly recorded CD but I couldn't ask him more about it because he fell asleep.

2. After hearing my amp and comparing it to his own we are forming a hypothesis that all amps sound the same.

3. We are saving money and selling things so we can buy a pair of the new speakers and the the necessary amplifiers. Bob has all the details. It was bigger news then when he told me who Big Wires was. Don't PM him. He won't tell. He only told me after I promised our new speakers would be made with a laminate from a wooden pew from the Old North Church.

#368093 - 02/27/12 10:07 AM Re: I'm not sure...but Bob might be a little Snooty. [Re: Lampshade]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Oh, you and your Manley Stingray.

I really don't know how anyone can watch TV with a room full of black circles filling one's peripheral vision.

And you are wrong about me, Chris. I am not a little snooty. I am 100% snoot!

#368097 - 02/27/12 11:02 AM Re: I'm not sure...but Bob might be a little Snooty. [Re: BobKay]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: BobKay
And you are wrong about me, Chris. I am not a little snooty. I am 100% snoot!

Funny, thats what I was thinking. Every time I see the thread topic I keep thinking the words are in the wrong order. Should be more like:

I'm note sure, but Bob might be a Snooty little ...

If nothing else, it should generate some interesting replies.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#368099 - 02/27/12 11:29 AM Re: I'm not sure...but Bob might be a little Snooty. [Re: fredk]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
[quote=fredk

I'm note sure, but Bob might be a Snooty little ...

[/quote]

Sorry, Fred, you, too, are incorrect. Nothing socially unacceptable about me is little. But, thanks for underestimating so graciously.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.