AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (BobKay, CatBrat), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403275 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17742
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10833
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374306 - 04/25/12 05:55 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Scott, do tell! You never cease to intrigue.

David, I don't think there is anything "unreal" or inferior about bourbon. It's "different" than Scotch, and perhaps lacks the cachet due to a number of factors (not the least of which are price and Eurosnobbery). My opinion is that American Whiskey is no less noble than Scotch Whisky. I suppose you could make a case that Scotch can be more complex because of the peat, but something isn't necessarily "better" because it is more "complex".

Drink what you like. Honestly, I really wish that I enjoyed Scotch more, because there is obviously tremendous variety and richness in the products.

#374307 - 04/25/12 05:55 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
I've always thought spending a week on the Whisky Trail in Scotland would be a lot of fun. http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

#374308 - 04/25/12 06:12 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: michael_d]
Andrew Offline
Axiom Engineer
veteran

My go-to Islay has been Lagavulin for many years. Unfortunately I still remember the days of being able to pick up a bottle for around $75 and it's now closer to $120, so I don't have a bottle going as often as I'd like. Lately I've been sampling the Buichladdich distillery products, which is actually an old name that has recently been re-born. I've only had a chance to try some of their un-peated selections, but I note that they now have a line of heavily-peated choices if that's your thing.

#374310 - 04/25/12 07:21 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma

#374315 - 04/25/12 07:46 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
fhw Offline
devotee

Loc: London, ON
Can't go wrong with Glenfiddich--it's like the Chardonnay of single-malts. The first time I tried an Islay scotch I thought I was going to wretch...and then I was introduced to the "Godfather" cocktail. It's a scotch (the smokier the better) with a splash of Amaretto over ice.

I am on the brink of moving away from tequila as my beverage of choice.

Couldn't tell much of a difference between Lagavulin and Bowmore, but like them both. Interestingly, the bottler McLelland's now has a line of budget single-malts (30-35 CAD) from every part of Scotland. Hope to try the Islay in the next few weeks.

#374347 - 04/26/12 12:04 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Scott, do tell! You never cease to intrigue.

David, I don't think there is anything "unreal" or inferior about bourbon. It's "different" than Scotch, and perhaps lacks the cachet due to a number of factors (not the least of which are price and Eurosnobbery). My opinion is that American Whiskey is no less noble than Scotch Whisky. I suppose you could make a case that Scotch can be more complex because of the peat, but something isn't necessarily "better" because it is more "complex".

Drink what you like. Honestly, I really wish that I enjoyed Scotch more, because there is obviously tremendous variety and richness in the products.

Yeah, I was joking about the "real whisky thing. That reminds me, Last time we were in Mexico there was a European couple that was giving me a hard time for drinking good ol American whiskey

#374348 - 04/26/12 12:04 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Woohoo, 18 days until vacation!

#374351 - 04/26/12 12:10 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: michael_d]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: michael_d
I've always thought spending a week on the Whisky Trail in Scotland would be a lot of fun. http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

How many stops before you fall off?

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#374377 - 04/26/12 09:57 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia

I stopped at Woodford Reserve on the road trip I took a couple years ago. It's my go-to bourbon now. smile

#374379 - 04/26/12 10:02 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: a401classic]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Originally Posted By: a401classic
Okay, who else can honestly type "Ah, the distilling days!"

Well, actually, I can!

But you're right, Amie is awesome!

Does making moonshine count? Still not equal to Amie's Awesomeness though.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.