AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22849 Topics
403772 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13323
CV 11168
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374456 - 04/26/12 09:30 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: BobKay]
Listener Offline
local

Loc: CT, US
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: Listener
Should we start the "What scotch/whiskey/bourbon did you drink last night?" It could be filled with the nuances we smelled and or tasted while enjoying the fine drink.

With this crowd, I think you'll have to be satisfied with "Do you remember what you drank last night?"

And the stupid things we did while drunk.

#374459 - 04/26/12 09:42 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: pmbuko]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

That had a longer running time than the History of Canada I watched last night.

Speaking of things Canadian, there's a "new" show from Canada on basic cable called Children Who Kill. Not all of the murderin' little bastards featured are Canadian, but still, I'm quite impressed at how popular American interpersonal solutions have become in Canada. Yeah, we be stylin'!

#374460 - 04/26/12 09:46 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: Listener]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Should we start the "What scotch/whiskey/bourbon did you drink last night?" It could be filled with the nuances we smelled and or tasted while enjoying the fine drink.

With this crowd, I think you'll have to be satisfied with "Do you remember what you drank last night?"

And the stupid things we did while drunk.

Tom, you know there's a thread here with photo documentation of Axiomoes doing such things. I think it's called "Attendees."
You'll recognize me immediately. I'm the one who isn't drunk.

#374481 - 04/26/12 11:14 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
Hey Tom, for the record, I like bourbon too. Bookers is my favorite. I have not tried all many though, but would like to. I usually just grab a bottle of Maker's Mark when I'm in a Bourbon mood. I like Canadian Whisky too, and drink it all the time. Usually Pendleton's (ya, I know it's made in Oregon, but it TASTES like Canadian Whisky).

#374499 - 04/27/12 10:35 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Scott, do tell! You never cease to intrigue.

Well, I am a chemist, afterall. My first potable distillation was a highschool science project - Basically I made moonshine, but the project had more to do with the science of malting and fermentation than the product - that was just lagniappe (pronounced here as lan yap - a little extra). I've been distilling or brewing one thing or another since. I have brewed 5 gal home brew beer up to several 15 bbl runs at a craft brewery here.
Today I'm distilling methanol, for instance. Can't drink the stuff, but a similar care in product quality goes into the experiment, and we analyze the snot out of the product.

Thinking about trying my hand at scotch; Just hope I'm still alive after a good aging period to see how it turned out.

My HT

#374506 - 04/27/12 11:18 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Making moonshine in high school. Nice.

Happy Jazzfest, Scott. Wish I were there.

#374508 - 04/27/12 12:06 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: a401classic]
cb919 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Scott, you're distilling methanol for Jazzfest? confused grin

#374523 - 04/27/12 03:33 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Making moonshine in high school. Nice.

Happy Jazzfest, Scott. Wish I were there.

Wish I was going - leaving Sunday morning for Georgia. But while I'm in the Atlanta I'll be enjoying some Sweetwater IPA. I'll have an extra one in your name Tom.

My HT

#374565 - 04/27/12 09:33 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: michael_d]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: michael_d
Hey Tom, for the record, I like bourbon too. Bookers is my favorite. I have not tried all many though, but would like to. I usually just grab a bottle of Maker's Mark when I'm in a Bourbon mood. I like Canadian Whisky too, and drink it all the time. Usually Pendleton's (ya, I know it's made in Oregon, but it TASTES like Canadian Whisky).

I'm a big fan of makers mark as well.

#385742 - 11/16/12 03:48 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
Nachosgrande Offline
local

Loc: New York
For those that don't care for peaty/smoky Islay region, I have found that the Highland and Speyside regions produce single malt scotches that I enjoy the most.

My favorites are Dalmore 12 and 15Yr, Balvenie 14Yr Caribbean Cask, Most Glenmorangie 10 Yr offerings, one of my favorites is the 18 Yr. Most of these are matured in sherry or oak casks, the Balvenie 14 is matured in rum casks. These tend to add a measure of warmth to the flavor without overly added sweetness. Generally the more mature bottles have a smoother finish with no bite.

I usually taste these while enjoying a good cigar with friends.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.