Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33
Re: The Vatican Dumpster
2x6spds #376343 05/16/12 05:11 PM
shareholder in the making
Quote:
Resort to mockery, personal attacks, name calling are not argument.
You use "leftist" as a derisive label. Who's not arguing now?

You mention these "liberal elites" driving popular culture. Do you think television shows would be successful if they didn't provide what people want to see? Sure, I agree there's a lot of steaming piles of excrement on TV that many people love to watch (e.g. just about every "reality" show).

Research has shown -- and much of it has been done very recently since this is a very hot social topic -- that your concern for children of same-sex parents is unwarranted. They fare as well as children of heterosexual parents.

Here are just a couple papers on the subject:

Children Of Same-Sex Parents Deserve The Security Blanket Of The Parentage Presumption

AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS Technica...ame-Sex Parents

You can't simply rely on your gut, here.

pmbuko #376366 05/16/12 06:29 PM
I just saw this news story about a single father who was falsely accused of raping his own twin daughters by his nanny. Do you think the fact that he is gay was behind the nanny's lies? And to think they could have gotten permanent custody.

http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/6990394...Begnaud-reports

Education and familiarity combat homophobia.

BobKay #376375 05/16/12 07:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
From Breitbart.com

Pacquiao Banned from L.A. Mall for Same-Sex Marriage Opposition

The “tolerant” same-sex marriage left has struck again – this time, at the popular hangout The Grove, in Los Angeles. The owner of The Grove, Rick Caruso, tweeted that iconic boxing great and Philippines Congressman Manny Pacquiao would not be allowed “on the premises” thanks to Pacquiao’s outspoken opposition to same-sex marriage. “Boxer Manny Pacquiao is not welcome @TheGroveLA,” he tweeted. “@TheGroveLA is a gathering place for all Angelenos, not a place for intolerance.” Pacquiao was supposed to do an interview today with “Extra” at The Grove.

What did heretofore-Obama-supporter Pacquiao do to earn the ban? He did an interview with the National Conservative Examiner in which he said, “God’s words first … obey God’s law first before considering the laws of man. God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married. It should not be of the same sex, so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.” In other words, like the vast majority of religious people of all persuasions around the world, Pacquiao is against same-sex marriage.

That now earns him a ban from a public area in Los Angeles. And make no mistake – while Caruso is the owner of the complex, he relies heavily on public funding in his projects.

The left wants to claim intolerance here, but it is surely the highest form of intolerance not to allow a religious person who openly expresses him or herself onto the premises of an outdoor shopping mall. In fact, The Grove features a kosher hot dog stand frequented by Orthodox Jews, virtually all of whom oppose same-sex marriage. Will Caruso ban them? Are all of those who believe in traditional scriptural interpretation, and who oppose same-sex marriage, no longer welcome at Caruso’s myriad establishments?

Caruso is an emissary of the leftist thought police who say that you don’t deserve the privileges of decent treatment if you "haven't evolved." Pacquiao has done nothing to harm or mistreat gays or lesbians; he actually says he has a gay relative, and that gays and lesbians can’t do anything about their orientation because they were born that way. But that’s not enough – he has to bow to the politically correct same-sex marriage crowd or be barred from the premises.

There is a question as to whether Caruso legally can bar Pacquiao from the premises based on statements Pacquiao has made outside The Grove. In fact, even were Pacquiao to “reasonably exercise” his right to free speech at The Grove, it is likely that the California Supreme Court would uphold his right to do so without being kicked off the premises.

Caruso is in the wrong both morally and legally here. But don’t expect the leftist press to call him out on it. When it comes to bullying, the true bullies are the leftists who maintain that in order to be treated as a normal human being, you must agree with them. And even the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet can’t avoid their heavy fist

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #376377 05/16/12 07:38 PM
You might be surprised, but I actually think Rick Caruso's decision is idiotic.

BobKay #376378 05/16/12 07:53 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm against same sex marriage, but I cringe every time I hear homosexuality associated with Sodom and Gomorrah. What happened in Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't homosexuality, according to the bible, it was rape. The inhabitants of the city wanted to have sex with the angels (appearing as men or women), then Lot offered them his daughters instead, if they would leave their visitors alone.

BobKay #376382 05/16/12 08:01 PM
Agreed, Cat--on the Sodom and Gomorrah thing.

Last edited by Ken.C; 05/16/12 08:01 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
CatBrat #376384 05/16/12 08:12 PM
Lot wasn't a very good father, was he?

BobKay #376385 05/16/12 08:12 PM
But an excellent host!

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
pmbuko #376386 05/16/12 08:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

He had a lot of problems. Later, when he was drunk, he had sex with both of his daughters. It was the daughters idea to continue the bloodline this way.

The moral of the story of Lot, though, is how city life, living amongst the ungodly, influences a person toward evil tendencies.

CatBrat #376388 05/16/12 08:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

He had a lot of problems. Later, when he was drunk, he had sex with both of his daughters. It was the daughters idea to continue the bloodline this way.

The moral of the story of Lot, though, is how city life, living amongst the ungodly, influences a person toward evil tendencies.

Hmm... I know a number of godly people who have severely compromised moral compasses.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters