AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (MarkSJohnson, Chevy, mullhead), 55 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405212 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#385811 - 11/18/12 11:10 AM Re: Russian Maple vs Sorreal Pear vs Warm Cherrywood [Re: DanielBMe]
DanielBMe Offline
devotee

Loc: Toronto - ON
I definitely like the colour, just don't feel they mix well with the furniture. Maybe it was the initial shock of the colour but I am getting used to them now, especially with the grill on.

My Botswana Safari photos
http://smu.gs/R41Byt

#385816 - 11/18/12 12:23 PM Re: Russian Maple vs Sorreal Pear vs Warm Cherrywood [Re: DanielBMe]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Originally Posted By: DanielBMe
I definitely like the colour, just don't feel they mix well with the furniture. Maybe it was the initial shock of the colour but I am getting used to them now, especially with the grill on.

The boston cherry would actually have matched the furniture more closely, but i think the wood look contrasts each other fairly well and the black grills bring it all together with the black tv.

I wasn't overly thrilled about the cherry finish Tannoys i bought some time back. They had that 'orange' tint rather than a more rich red that i was looking for. I still consider changing them out for the Rosewood or more rare, Walnut finish but the cost isn't worth it.

#385845 - 11/19/12 08:35 AM Re: Russian Maple vs Sorreal Pear vs Warm Cherrywood [Re: chesseroo]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I still consider changing them out for the Rosewood or more rare, Walnut finish but the cost isn't worth it.

Have you considered using Rust-oleum Cabinet Transformations on them? You could verify whether it works well and then report back to your friend.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.