AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404260 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11195
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394334 - 06/19/13 09:58 PM Re: Bryston Model T Review [Re: CatBrat]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Within the Axiom line, my experience, so far, is $ = quality. Perhaps within each individual line of speakers of the same company, $ = quality. Just not so across companies, $ wise.

What about size = quality, because that is one reason why cost goes up in a line as well. Hence, does the world's largest speaker automatically sound better than anything smaller?

If you price out the M50s which are more expensive than the M22s, i think the M22s have a better sound quality. You could qualify that sound by a more linear frequency response if so inclined.
I certainly don't think you can literally line up every Axiom speaker from lowest price to highest and then qualify how each speaker is somehow better with every price jump.
smirk

#394382 - 06/20/13 04:28 PM Re: Bryston Model T Review [Re: chesseroo]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
I've never heard the M50's, so you could be right at that point. But don't see why anyone would want the M50's if the M22's sound better.

Was talking about the same speaker lines within the same company, so if it's the worlds biggest box, you'd have to compare it to the same companie's smaller and probably cheaper box. So the bigger and more pricier one would probably sound better.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.