AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 98 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403244 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11140
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393945 - 06/10/13 10:40 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Recently had the pleasure of trying Plymouth. Received a bottle as a gift. I liked it quite a bit.

Always been a huge fan of g&t's, well, except when I was a little kid cuz that would be wrong. Tanqueray and Sapphire, I find, are good solid bases to start with. Tanqueray is a little more bold, but I find I prefer the Sapphire a little better. Brings an extra edge of depth and refinement.

I do agree with you, BlueJays, that Tanqueray 10 is on another level. Really bumps up the smoothness.

#394380 - 06/20/13 03:59 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
We had a blind gin tasting at my 40th birthday last year. We sampled 8 different "top shelf" gins. Who came out on top?

This guy...

http://aviationgin.com/

#394381 - 06/20/13 04:22 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Craig, I had some of that at the Washington Distillers' Festival last weekend. Unfortunately, by then, my tastebuds were pretty much shot, so I'll have to find their tasting room next time I am in PDX.

One interesting, thing, though: Crater Lake Gin is "wet" (juniper added after distillation) and has only that one botanical. I thought I'd hate it, but it was really quite a revelation. I'm not really a gin guy, but it's really fun to learn.

My sense is that PNW water (which does not contain a lot of suspended minerals) seems to make quite a positive difference in my preferences. I'm really bullish on craft distilling at the moment.

#394400 - 06/20/13 10:15 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: St_PatGuy]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Recently had the pleasure of trying Plymouth. Received a bottle as a gift. I liked it quite a bit.

Always been a huge fan of g&t's, well, except when I was a little kid cuz that would be wrong. Tanqueray and Sapphire, I find, are good solid bases to start with. Tanqueray is a little more bold, but I find I prefer the Sapphire a little better. Brings an extra edge of depth and refinement.

I do agree with you, BlueJays, that Tanqueray 10 is on another level. Really bumps up the smoothness.

Tanqueray does make an excellent, traditional gin & tonic. 10 is indeed a top notch gin. I'm glad you enjoyed your bottle of Plymouth. I have always been interested in their Navy strength but can never find it.

-Max Payne

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.