AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Kevin1, CV), 74 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404595 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13336
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#396862 - 09/04/13 05:51 PM Re: Help me spend some money on a receiver! [Re: Zarak]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
I second, or triple, the Pioneer Elite, if you like lots of bass. In my experience, Audyssey limits the bass too much. It may be more accurate, but to my ears, MCACC in Pioneer sounds better.

#396865 - 09/04/13 06:18 PM Re: Help me spend some money on a receiver! [Re: CatBrat]
Mad_Chesser Offline
veteran

Loc: B.C., Canada
I know that 4 months ago when I wanted a new reciever, I bought a brand new Marantz SR5007. I had it for 3 days and returned it for a Pioneer SC-61.

I personally believe MCACC to be much more capable. This is just more opinion than anything. But I found that audyssey just lacked something. Plus, when I run audyssey, it's just a simple few chirps in each speaker and it's done. MCACC runs all sorts of various tests. It lets you customize your sound much better. More options. Whether it's front align, symmetry or all channel adjust...or whether it's your delay time...or whatever. Everything is fully customizable. You can tweak EVERYTHING.

I played around with Audyssey a lot in those 3 days and I found I couldn't tweak as much as I'd like. It seemed to me that it was more designed for the plug and play person.

Again, these are just my personal opinions and observations.

If your a guy that likes it to be complex and a guy that wants to have total control, go with MCACC and a pioneer Elite.

Plus, I found the Marantz ran extremely hot compared to the class d of the Pioneer Elite. My elite only gets warm after some heavy extended use. As Catbrat pointed out, I also found there is a lot more heavy end, or "chest thump", after running MCACC compared to Audyssey...and I like it a lot! smile

I would have typed this all up the first time, but was on my phone wink
Pioneer SC-61
Rotel RMB-1095
51" Samsung Plasma

#396866 - 09/04/13 06:24 PM Re: Help me spend some money on a receiver! [Re: Zarak]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
To get the most out of Audyssey MultiEQ XT, I think you have to run the sweeps at 6 or 8 locations. There's a guide, somewhere.

Does the Elite have a good UI for network streaming and stuff? How about AirPlay? I'm interested in those things, but haven't really done the research, and I value your experience more than what a manufacturer website might tell me, anyway.

#397011 - 09/11/13 01:20 AM Re: Help me spend some money on a receiver! [Re: Zarak]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
That's one thing I've never delved into, although I have a Pioneer Elite SC-67.

#397050 - 09/11/13 07:10 PM Re: Help me spend some money on a receiver! [Re: Zarak]
Hansang Offline
aficionado

Loc: New York
These threads are killing me. It was the final tipping point for me....Just got my Denon 4520. AVS gave me a very nice price and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'll repurpose my 3808 at a different location.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.