AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22876 Topics
404359 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11200
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#403978 - 05/07/14 09:32 PM Anybody have Heartland Maple finish?
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
I'm trying to put together a sort of (modern) retro system for my soon to be 17 yr old. He's actually requested a turntable and any album by Robert Johnson. Problem is he'll still need amplification and speakers. Think I'll try the U-Turn player discussed here a while back by Andrew, and I've got an old Technics receiver that I just picked up on ebay, so that's taken care of.
But for speakers, he'll get a new pair of M22 v4's. If Axiom still had high gloss cherry, they'd already be ordered. His next pick is heartland maple or cinnamon beech. So if anyone has the real deal I'd love to see real pics.

Thanks!

My HT

#403979 - 05/07/14 09:55 PM Re: Anybody have Heartland Maple finish? [Re: a401classic]
Socketman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Whitehorse YT
Funny they don't offer high gloss. Nothing stopping you from doing the final finish yourself.

#403983 - 05/08/14 07:07 AM Re: Anybody have Heartland Maple finish? [Re: Socketman]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Axiom used to offer a high gloss cherry vinyl that was amazing. For his first set of speakers im not popping for real wood. The M3s i got my dad i had finished in semigloss rosewood. After all my dad has done and continues to do for us, they were well worth the price. The soon to be 17 yr old will just have to live with vinyl for now. When he's rich and (in)famous, he can get what he likes.

My HT

#403996 - 05/08/14 10:19 AM Re: Anybody have Heartland Maple finish? [Re: a401classic]
Socketman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Whitehorse YT
My bad, I guess I have not been around long enough to know about the high gloss vinyl. I would think it would have been popular. Once you said high gloss I automatically thought real wood.

#404002 - 05/08/14 12:44 PM Re: Anybody have Heartland Maple finish? [Re: a401classic]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
I'd just get him the black ones so that WHEN they get scratched, he can fix them with a sharpie.

Oh wait, YOUR son, not mine.

Nevermind. Carry on.

#404004 - 05/08/14 01:22 PM Re: Anybody have Heartland Maple finish? [Re: tomtuttle]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

grin That's funny! Actually, he tends to take care of his stuff pretty well. His Taylor guitar just needed to have the bridge reset (not his fault) and both Guitar Center and the place we actually had it fixed at said it was in remarkable condition. It should have been a warranty repair, but Taylor wouldn't honor it, said it had dried out to the point of being concave - I've got pictures to prove otherwise. In fact it weighs within 5 grams of the day he got it.

My HT

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.