AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Murph, J. B.), 128 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22897 Topics
404609 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10900
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406327 - 07/25/14 02:30 PM Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 [Re: cohesion]
oakvillematt Offline
veteran

Loc: Oakville, Canada
Originally Posted By: cohesion
It sounds like you need to call Axiom support again. Perhaps there is a problem with the DSP after all!

Maple.. that's like Canada's Wonderland area. A heck of a shorter distance than going up to Dwight.

I am wondering as I know that you have LFR1100's if it would be possible if I could arrange some time to visit with DSP and an Amp in toe and give it some tests against a known working unit? They are pretty sure that the issue is not inside the speakers, and they are the Q-B to move around. But an Amp and DSP will easily fit in the back seat and love to go for a drive.

The last time that I spoke with Axiom it looked like I would be taking a drive up there with my amp and DSP and leaving it with them for a week or so.

I am thinking now that you are quite a bit closer and if your equipment doesn't do what mine does, then there is little argument that can be had when I say HEY.. its been tested and ...

People are like a box of chocolates. It's hard to tell initially which ones are nuts.

#406384 - 07/29/14 10:05 AM Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 [Re: oakvillematt]
cohesion Offline
local

Loc: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Hi Matt,

Yes, I'm certainly closer than Dwight but actually a bit further than Wonderland. I'm almost in Richmond Hill -- the wrong side of Maple for you!

Anyway, yes, I'd be happy to have you come over and bring your DSP and amp. When would you like to do this? Evening or weekend?

I am sure if there were any hum in my LFRs I'd have heard it by now but our first step will be to have you listen to my existing system to confirm this. You may want to bring a CD, DVD, or Bluray that is familiar to you. Is your current hum/hiss constant or does it vary depending on source material?

We may want to get some direction from Axiom but I'm guessing the first thing to try would be switching your DSP with mine. If that doesn't result in any unexpected hiss or hum I would think it essentially rules out your DSP as being the cause of the problem.

Cheers!

Mike

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.