Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Perpetual "Waiting for my Axiom's" Thread
#48921 06/11/04 12:04 PM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
So I thought this thread might be a little fun, we can all share the pain together. You can follow my post format if you like, or just comment to your liking

Order Date: June 2nd, 2004
Items Ordered: Pair M60's, VP150, Pair QS8's
Custom Finish?: Yes. Charcoal Smoke w/ Black Grilles

So due to my custom finish I was told "6 weeks or less" but I want them now damnit :P

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
Re: The Perpetual "Waiting for my Axiom's" Thread
#48922 06/11/04 02:10 PM
devotee
devotee
I remember the day. The day of the perpetual waiting. Whooo...glad those days are over. Although I did have some supplemental relief. I bought the VP150 (non-factory second), so I got that right away. This was actually my Axiom trial speaker. Of course after having it I needed it all. So I placed a factory seconds order for a pair of QS8s, a pair of M2s and a pair of M60s (these I wanted to play with the most). Fortunately I was able to get the M2s in just a week 1/2! Then I was able to at least experience stereo. But I had to wait a good 5-6 weeks for the QS8s and M60s. Oh the humanity!
Then months later I got my SVS sub, now they just make you wait even ordering new! But...supply and demand is at their doorstep...
At least now I can breath. I wish you luck on your quest. I am happy now. My wallet is happy now (now that I'm not buying speakers every month). And my wife is happy...for all the reasons above.

Of course it never really ends does it? I mean, now I need a DVD player of quality to play SACDs and DVD-As, then I need a new tv....

So...I may not be waiting for Axioms anymore, but I sure got my waiting cut out for me in the Home Theater department.

While you're waiting play a video game. I prefer XBOX and of course if you have an XBOX you need Halo. If you've played that to death then the new Chronicles of Riddick game is suppose to be the shizzy.
Either way you get to shoot and blow stuff up, and doesn't that just make everyone feel better?

Of course we expect to hear back from you in six weeks to tell us how much you love your Axioms

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#48923 06/11/04 03:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
bah I decided to go with Axioms months ago but I've forced myself to wait till I get my basement remodel done... or I fear I'd never set foot down there again to finish it.

=)

Getting closer thou!

#48924 06/11/04 05:26 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

we can all share the pain together

you forget daphoid, we are not in pain, most of us already have our speakers..

that was low, i know, i couldnt resist.. but i do have good news.. when i ordered my custom speakers, they told me the same wait, 6 weeks.. and exactly 28 days after my ordr, the were in my living room.. now, i aint sayin you will have the same situation, but just keep in mind the 6 weeks is like a worst case scenario.. chances are, you will get them before that.. so keep your fingers crossed.

use this time to read the instruction manual on your new receiver.. that what i did, and by the time the speakers got here, hook-up and set-up was ridiculiously fast.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#48925 06/11/04 05:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Date Ordered - April 22
Items Ordered - M60, QS8, VP100
Factory Outlet - for delivery all at once
Expected Delivery Date July 15

Oh, the waiting is terrible, indeed. My wife and I just bought a new apartment in DuPont Circle, in D.C.. We're really excited about the move (which doesn't happen until Late July). Our current apartment is too small to run a huge set-up, and I currently have a home theater mini system (Aiwa) that suffices.

I chose to have it all delivered at once so that I wouldn't be tempted to install piece by piece. I want the full experience to hit me all at once.

I've satiated my desire to get my new Axioms by purchasing an HSU STF-2 and waiting for it. Then, I bought my RX-V750 through the mail. That was fun waiting for. Then, I starting collecting speaker wire (no, I won't make my own, thank you very much).

All in all, the wait has been a bear. But having to wait until July will ensure that I don't get evicted from my current apartment before moving downtown.

Anyway - let the commisery begin!

PS - My wife and I just took another look at our new home, and our finances. Then we went to Circuit City to pick up a gift for a friend...wouldn't you know it, but there goes my wife, wandering into the TV aisle, straight for the DLPs. She says to me - "you know, we should get a TV to go with your new speakers, shouldn't we?" God, I love that woman.

#48926 06/11/04 05:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
That charcoal finish intrigues me. Please be sure to post some pics after you get it all set up.

#48927 06/12/04 06:13 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Hmmm, I don't remember having to wait. But then again, I didn't order a custom finish. Knowing what Ken just went through, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

But the wait is definitely worth it.

#48928 06/16/04 02:41 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Update!

Ordered: June 2nd
Ship Date: June 24th

! Custom finish and all, and it should be same day shipping as I'm only a ~2 hour drive from the plant

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
#48929 06/17/04 02:55 AM
devotee
devotee
I ordered my vp 100+Qs8 3 weeks ago and they came today.(refurbished)

My receiver broke yesterday

The boxes look nice though

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#48930 06/17/04 03:02 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Holy crap! That's the worst! Sooooo close yet so far. You have my deepest sympathies.

Beg, borrow, or steal a receiver!

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters