Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New System in mind... thoughts?
#50289 06/25/04 10:44 PM
regular
regular
ericb: Is your LFM-1 on a hardwood floor with the felt protectors, and if so how do you rate the sound? Have you tried or do you think the sound would improve with a throw rug under it?

I am trying to find out how much quality of the Hsu is compromised by being on a hardwood floor without the throw rug.

Re: New System in mind... thoughts?
#50290 06/26/04 04:40 AM
veteran
veteran
Yes, it's on a hardwood floor with the spikes sitting on the metal discs with the felt backing. The sound is great...nice tight bass - never sloppy. The sub hasn't moved at all, no sliding around or vibration. It does make the pictures on the wall rattle a little when I turn it up but I'm not in the habit of blasting it at reference levels all that often.

Movement / vibrations are basically a non-issue because it's so damn heavy. That bad boy isn't moving anywhere, even on a hardwood floor.

As far as rating the sound is concerned, I couldn't be more pleased. I like to listen to music a lot and occassionally will watch a movie. The sub blends with my Axioms wonderfully, making my M22's sound like a much bigger speaker.

All that said, I've never heard anything bad said about the SVS subs and almost went that way myself. It was the reviews that indicated how 'musical' the Outlaw was that won me over (not to mention it wouldn't stand out as much as the larger SVS).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters