Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
#54770 09/22/04 01:16 AM
aficionado
aficionado
A relatively painless alternative that works for me is that the bookmark is set to the index page, showing the five forums. New posts show up in parenthesis. Of course it requires the extra step of entering each forum to see which topics have received replies, but it's okay for me. I'm sure you're well aware of all of this, but I thought I'd mention it. Not my intention at all if this sounds patronizing.

Frankly, I spend an inordinate amount of time here because this is easily one of the most civil, intelligent and good-natured forums out there. I usually learn something, and often get a good laugh. If the off-topic threads are relegated to the Q&C forum and are clearly marked, I don't have a problem with it. And God knows I've been guilty of hijacking a few threads.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds
#54771 09/22/04 12:11 PM
aficionado
aficionado
chess, I didn't even realize that such a view existed. I can imagine that it's pretty obnoxious to sort through them all and my appologies for that. I have the index page bookmarked as well, and every once in a while when I'm feeling masochistic I open the politics thread. I made it because I was tired of seeing, say, 8 new posts in a thread on speaker placement, only to go in and find some political argument taking place.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
#54772 09/22/04 02:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

tired of seeing, say, 8 new posts in a thread on speaker placement, only to go in and find some political argument taking place

Indeed.
People need to have the courtesy to take it somewhere else more appropriate. This is an audio forum, not a soapbox political derby.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#54773 09/22/04 04:23 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Sorry, Chess, then don't start possibly political arguments in audio threads. I'm afraid we're on two separate sides here. I don't wanna see it, so I say stick it in it's own little thread, since it's going to happen anyway. You don't wanna see it, so you say don't do it.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#54774 09/22/04 08:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ken,
In reply to:

then don't start possibly political arguments in audio threads

Comparing my poke fun comment at NeverH to the ridiculous political thread is like comparing a cookie crumb to the entire Chips Ahoy factory with the Keebler elves inside.

In reply to:

since it's going to happen anyway

If people are courteous enough to not get on their political soapboxes, then it won't just happen anyway. I would like to believe more people here are courteous rather than ignorant.

And if you turn off your electronics thus decreasing the consumption of electricity we WILL see a decrease in the flooding of lands which causes an increased creation in methyl mercury. That is not political propaganda or an individual opinion, it is a fact. Perhaps Neverhappy was unaware of such consequences for leaving electrical items on in the house so i stated such.
Maybe we could move on to turning off an unlit gas stove and putting the handles of boiling pots facing inward as long as you don't ask me to move it to the political thread.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020