AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (newf), 58 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404600 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#675 - 12/26/01 09:19 PM M3ti - internally bi-wired?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a recent purchaser of the M3ti I'm truly impressed by both the product and the service! I've read several websites that recommend bi-wiring speakers. While I have no intention of modifying my M3ti's, these discussions made me wonder - since the M3ti has no crossover between the woofer and tweeter, does that mean they are essentially bi-wired internally already? If not, what would be different about a bi-wired setup? What advantages/disadvantages does bi-wiring supposedly offer? Once again, kudos for making such a great product!

#676 - 12/27/01 05:44 PM Re: M3ti - internally bi-wired?
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

Technically the M3s are biwired internally in that there are separate leads from the input to the woofer and tweeter as opposed to going to the woofer and then to the tweeter.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.