Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: DVD Players - Thanks Ray!
#81715 02/16/05 09:46 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Shaun,

I should also mention that HK has their own online refurb/B-stock outlet store at their website. Good prices.

#81716 02/16/05 09:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Ray,
Thanks for the reply/explanation. I am aware of the other approved Denon etailers as listed on the Denon site. I was wondering about Dakmart and you confirmed my suspicion. Their pricing was way out of line on a Denon AVR-885 (2105) I was checking out. I figured out the numbering system for the Denon receivers so I know which is which etc. I'll just have to wait for that little yellow sun to pop up! Thanks again.
Cheers,
Shaun

#81717 02/16/05 09:58 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
ray- i mentioned dakmart cause i know several guys on the board, that like denon products, have got them from there..i i was pretty sure they were a denon authorized dealer. i personally have had no business dealings with them at all. i wasnt aware that folks were having troubles with them. thanks for the heads up, i will be sure NOT to link to them again.

i got my Onkyo 701 refurb from macmall, and dealing with them was fantastic. the equip came in excellent condition, it was on time, and they even sent me the correct forms to get the shipping rebate from fedex. i just checked, and they have some great deals on refurb onkyo's right now, in stock. i give them 2 thumbs up.

BTW- no chili for you!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#81718 02/16/05 10:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
eCost is actually owned by PCMall/MacMall.

#81719 02/17/05 12:20 AM
Seabear Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
"BTW - I saw your comments on a Yammy 2500. Have you considered the Denon 3805? Outstanding unit and ecost should have them soon for (est.) around $650 as refurb gear."
Ray,
You know, I have been considering the switch over from Yamaha to Denon, but there are a couple of things that keep getting in my way, on both the Denon and the new Yamahas.
First, I am an absolute addict for the Yamaha DSP's, when coupled with the front effects speakers (That is what I bought the M2i's for).
Not all of them mind you, and actually it is only a couple that I actually use on a regular basis, and it is always for very specific music.
Live Jazz, recorded in a small room (Like so many of those "Live at the Village Vanguard" recordings from so many artists) sounds fantastic on the Jazz setting. I keep the delays set all the way to minimum, and have all of the speakers set to the same level, and it really is a fantastic recreation of listening to jazz in a small club like that.
On some of my other live recordings, mostly the quieter, acoustic sort of stuff, the Hall setting is also very nice. Very, very realistic. I think Yamaha does a fantastic job with some of these DSP's. Most are completly useless. Church? nope. Rock? Terrible! But the ones that I do like, I like A LOT, and would have a very heard time giving up.
So with Denon not offering a version of those, I just have a hard time seeing going over to that side of the street.
I know they make incredible products, and there are tons of great reasons to buy one, but I have thought and thought and cannot imagine giving up those two DSP's.
On the other hand, I am very torn about the new Yamahas, because they do not offer the adjustable freq from speaker to speaker that you can get with the Denons and others. For some reason they are still sticking to the fixed crossover of 90 for all of the speakers.
And they also do not offer the Bass management that other machines are all working into their systems. I am not going to buy a reciever that is compatible with SACD and DVD-A (now that I have this beautiful Denon!) unless it has full Bass management features built in.
I cannot understand why they are so out in front with some of the technology and so far behind in others.
I had heard that they were already coming out with a revised version of the 2500, and was wondering if they might be adding any of these features in the V-2 2500.
So for now it seems that I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
My ultimate solution would be if someone would come out with a stand-alone unit that processed the SACD / DVD-A signals from the Denon, and then input them into my trusty old, very much loved 2092.
If anything like that is out there, PLEASE Holler!

And BTW- OK on the DVD, but I noticed your note about the nice bottle of wine.
That is my business. Has been for 23 years.
PM me with your address, and red or white.
"No Thanks" is not an acceptable reply!
TjB

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900
#81720 02/17/05 02:39 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
I am going to purchase an Outlaw ICBM for my system since my set up does not have bass management (Yamaha 1500, Axiom 7.1 set up with M2's/VP100/EP125, Onkyo 802). I don't know if it (Outlaw ICBM) is what your looking for as a solution for your setup but here is the site if your interested in checking it out:

http://outlawaudio.com/products/icbm.html

I hope this helps.

Emotiva Sys
USP1Pre
ERC1CD
XPA2Amp
RBH1044SE
PrimaLuna Sys
PL3Pre
PL6Monoblocs
TubeCD
M60ti
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,026 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup