AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 52 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9326 - 03/26/03 09:42 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
sushi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Dallas, TX
Don't worry, Zarak. I have come up from a newbie to veteran in a matter of two months!

#9327 - 03/27/03 01:11 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
My receiver and speakers have arrived! Sub comes Friday. The receiver is an Onkyo SR600. I have the fronts hooked up so I can get radio and CD, but I am not getting sound out of the TV. The R and L audio jacks from the TV are hooked into the audio on the receiver. If I turn up the receiver to max, I barely hear the TV. I adjusted the DB's in the setup up to 5(starts at 0), but that didn't help either. Since everyone's been helpful so far, I thought I'd give a post here a try.

Thanks.

#9328 - 03/27/03 06:00 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
jbzngowest Offline
devotee

Loc: Mid-south U.S.
What jacks are the audio L and R plugged into on your receiver? Do you have cable? If so, which audio outputs do you have on the cable box? Do you have a vcr hooked up to the tv or cable box? This info will help.

#9329 - 03/27/03 06:59 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

I realized what the problem was. I only have one set of audio in, and no audio outs on my TV. I don't have a cable box. I thought I might be able to run through my VCR and use that tuner, but it isn't much better. Perhaps I could get a cable box that has audio outs and use that as the tuner? That's gotta be a lot cheaper then a new TV, which I not ready to do at this time.

I have a TV, VCR, and DVD. My lone video in is currently hooked up to the DVD. DVD connects to the receiver with an optical cable. VCR is hooked to the TV through the TV cable connection.

Zarak

#9330 - 03/27/03 10:06 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

I was talking to someone at work. It sounds like I can get a splitter for the cable. One goes to the TV, the other to the receiver. This allows that audio part to go to the receiver so I can get stereo sound. Sound good?

#9331 - 03/28/03 12:12 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
jbzngowest Offline
devotee

Yup...You got it.

#9332 - 03/28/03 01:15 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

I ran into a couple of problems with this, unless I am just missing something.

1. My coax in on the receiver (Onkyo SR600) looks like a regular connection that a composite or component video would plug into. It does not accept a cable wire directly from the wall. Perhaps there is an adapter I can get for this?

2. Even if there is an adapter, the cable would be split. One input to the TV, the other to the receiver. How would the receiver know what audio tv channel to play? Would I run the audio outs on the receiver into the audio in on the TV? The tuner is still on the tv though, so it seems I would need to hit that first.

I'm currently running audio through the VCR, but it's old and not HIFI, so I only get mono output. If I nothing else will work I guess I could get a Y adapter to split the mono signal from the vcr so at least it outputs to both front speakers in mono.

I don't really want to upgrade the VCR, since I don't use it much already...just to watch the rare TV show I record. A TV upgrade to what I would want is not in the budget now. Perhaps a cheap cable box with AV in/out connections?

Any ideas, or am I just overlooking something.

Thanks in advance.

Zarak

#9333 - 03/28/03 01:42 AM Re: Philly axiom owners?
jbzngowest Offline
devotee

It seems the cable box will be the best solution.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.