The darn VP-180 threads finally got to me! I haven't done any tweaking in almost a year (since my new TV forced me to renounce dual VP-150 because the lower one was blocking a bit of the screen). So I decided to use my M22s from the back room to try new centrer combinations:
1. 2xM22 straight up
2. 2xM22 upside down to have tweeter closer to ear level
3. 1xM22 straight up
4. 1xM22 upside down

I used ARC to measure the frequency response of each combination. Since each test would take hours, and that the graph showed major problems in bass cancellation, I decided to eliminate both dual M22s as placed below:

Based on the visual graph, I uploaded the room correction for the straight M22

I was actually surprised by a firmer bass (likely improved by having the same 60hz xover for all LCR channels), but I have to admit any other change was not that obvious. After a while, I started to hear the center "too high" with regards to sound stage.

Without downloading the appropriate new room correction parameters, I flipped the speaker upside down. There was a lot of improvement in "vertical center positioning" so after 20 minutes of listening to various things (including dialog, 5.0 music and 2.0 music both with PLIIx and Neo:6).

I'm typing this post while downloading new proper correction. We'll see! The final photo is an attempt to make the new setup less ugly!
(before certain persons raise the issue, I have secured the speaker with two brackets in the front and a metal wire attached to the bolt in the back of the speaker. This is not falling anywhere!)

OKAY. Download completed! Talk to you later!

See Mojo's signature