Bruce, I looked at the specs of the Furman product. The only worthwhile protection specs are UL1449 and under-voltage and over-voltage shut-off.

The UL1449 is an industry-recognized surge (lightning) protection spec. The Furman is specified to be able to clamp up to a 6000 V stroke and by-pass up to 3,000 amps of current. As far as I am aware, A/V equipment is not mandated to protect against these kinds of levels. If this kind of voltage and current finds its way into the equipment, it will melt the entire power supply and flash over into the electronics.

The million dollar question is whether or not your equipment will ever see such a surge. If you lived in a high keraunic area like Florida, I'd say so particularly if it was rural.

As for under and over-voltage protection, some equipment, like the ADA amps, are protected.

You may be able to find other, less expensive products that meet the worthwhile specs I described. Note too that just because a product protects against these threats, it doesn't mean it protects against all threats. For example, I know I can make a UL1449-conformant product fail with a far lower voltage and current magnitude but much faster, oscillatory waveform.