AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
3 registered (J. B., MarkSJohnson, Ken.C), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22941 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16296
SirQuack 13344
CV 11268
MarkSJohnson 10964
Meanwhile On Facebook

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Four days to get in on the action!

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407674 - 10/16/14 10:05 PM Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? [Re: Ken.C]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

After spending 3 weeks recently sitting in the backseat of our 2011 Venza, my wife decided that we needed more room on our road trips to the desert SW.

So I took the Venza in for an oil change today & came away with this:

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Highl...mp;orup=1_15_63

This 2014 Highlander has a bit of a weird history. It was sold to a couple who added a whole bunch of extra doodads including roof rack & towing package. The GPS needed an update that couldn't be completed in time for their departure on a road trip so they turned this one back & bought another car.

Furthermore, there was a 'Pending Sale' on this vehicle for the last couple of days but it fell through so we grabbed it late this afternoon.

Nice that Toyota has such high resale value as we got a more than generous trade in.

BTW - I won't ever be sitting in the back row, ha!

TAM

PS - the link above won't last long

Edited by exlabdriver (10/16/14 10:07 PM)

#407678 - 10/17/14 11:26 PM Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? [Re: Ken.C]
Socketman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Whitehorse YT
Very nice rig tam, can not go wrong with a Toyota , always good resale etc. But damn that's a lot of money for a car, at least in my world it is.

#407679 - 10/18/14 12:07 AM Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? [Re: Ken.C]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

It's a lot of money for us as well. If we hadn't got a really good trade in value on our Venza, it would not have happened. Basically we got into a $48000 rig for half that price. We pick it up tomorrow morning.

The one thing that I'm kinda dreading is setting up all of the electronic gizmos & learning a new GPS unit. These cars are becoming almost as sophisticated aircraft. The US 'Platinum' model that is not available up here at the moment has radar sensing cruise control to automatically maintain distance from the vehicles ahead.

Heading off into the Interior of BC on Wed to break it in. Hope that the weather through the mountains stays decent because it becomes very iffy this time of year...

TAM

#407689 - 10/18/14 04:33 PM Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? [Re: Ken.C]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

Picked up this morning. More of a big 'Cadillac' type ride as contrasted to the Venza.

So much on board electronic stuff that it is mind boggling - even for someone who spent many years in a cockpit.

First accomplishment - after wasting a whole afternoon searching, I found the garage door opener transmitter that was MIA for 4 years after last being used for the Venza. Needed batteries of course but programming the car to open the garage went without drama, unlike many others who have great difficulty with this supposedly easy task...

TAM

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.