Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (BobKay, Gary Vose Sr, JBG), 103 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12711 Members
11 Forums
22685 Topics
400514 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16225
SirQuack 13311
CV 11062
MarkSJohnson 10680
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100423 - 07/07/05 08:38 PM Re: Need much help with getting a system!
JohnK Offline
shareholder in the making

SL, whatever types of wire and cables that you decide to get, there's no need to buy the pricey stuff. RadioShack is convenient, but their prices generally aren't really that good. Parts Express, which Jack mentioned is a good source and you might look at the items available from Triangle .

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#100424 - 07/08/05 01:47 AM Re: Need much help with getting a system!
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
What always turns me off about Parts Express (just before I'm about to buy stuff) is their exorbitant shipping costs. When I'm paying more for the shipping than the product, that's not a good thing. I say go with RatShack or Blue Jeans.

#100425 - 07/08/05 03:32 AM Re: Need much help with getting a system!
SanityLapse Offline
old hand

I already order my things from there. Yeah, the shipping was a little insane and I'm sure thats how they are making more profit. But compared to Radio shack I didn't mind. What would have costed me over $100 at radio shack only costed about $40 altogether from the 2 sites I ordered from.

#100426 - 07/08/05 01:12 PM Re: Need much help with getting a system!
WhatFurrer Offline
aficionado

Loc: Round Rock, Texas
I know that Fry's has component (pretty good quality) cables for $14.99...I have seen Acoustic Research cables at Target as well as Best Buy for less than $20...

The suggestion of Radio Shack was because most everyone knows of or has a RS near them...They do in a crunch but you can find better elsewhere...

Component DOES look better and if you have the imputs, it would behoove you to try it...You can even use a red, yellow, white cable set in a pinch...

I understand the budget restraints...unfortunately I did not do enough research when I originally bought cables and bought Monster...then realized I had been hoodwinked and paid WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH! Needless to say, I learned my lesson...Component cable I use is not Monster.

Blue Jeans and (the now defunct Rhino) Cables are very good values but can "seem" expensive...but not compared to other boutique brands...

Just trying to help.

WhatFurrer

#100427 - 07/09/05 03:02 PM Re: Need much help with getting a system!
SanityLapse Offline
old hand

Can I sit my bookshelf speakers on top of my subwoofer? If not, can I put the subwoofer on the floor, then have a random box on top of that, and then the bookselfs on top of the box. Like this
|BS|
|BS|
|BOX|
|Sub|
|Sub|
|Sub|

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.