AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
3 registered (Serenity_Now, storm266, MarkSJohnson), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405843 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112147 - 10/05/05 03:52 PM Re: Thoughts on my HT (Long-winded)
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
Just to note... that's a great Talking Heads DVD. I highly suggest people check it out that haven't.

#112148 - 10/05/05 04:53 PM Re: Thoughts on my HT (Long-winded)
BlueStater Offline
veteran

Loc: Portland, OR
Tom -

My wife is going to despise you if she ever reads this and finds out that you are egging me on. I think M3's would be nice and I would like to hear them, but the speakers my Dad left me are pretty darn fantastic. Horn tweeter. 8" woofer. Kind of halfway between a small floorstander and a large bookshelf. They sit on these cool little stands my Dad found that are kind of a wood frame that tilts them back a little. But I really want to try those M3's. The M22's do sound really good with the tubes. It's not easy to say which sounds better because they sound different, both in a good way. The thing is I want speakers that I can put up on my desk (it's a 7' wide, 3 1/2' deep desk I got at a business fire sale) instead of behind me on the floor.

Andrew -

Stop Making Sense is one of my favorite movies, music or otherwise, of all time. I first saw it during it's original release in Salem, OR's only "art" cinema when I was about 15. I probably watch it a couple times a month it is always a staple when we have some people over and the girls want to dance. But there is NO way, I think, that the bass on the video wasn't tweaked/enhanced/dubbed during post-pro. At least that's what it seems like to me. No that I'm complaining! I love it when you can see drinks moving across a table from the vibration!

#112149 - 10/05/05 05:08 PM Re: Thoughts on my HT (Long-winded)
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
You know I was just muckraking.

"Mark's wife thinks I'm despicable" could be a fun, obscure, new sig line in that Daffy Duck kind of way.

I loved the Thompson Brewpub in Salem. And that brewery downtown (whatever it was called - had a great time seeing Lloyd Jones there). And Boon's Treasury, even before it became McMenamin's. I know, I know, take it to the beer thread...

#112150 - 10/05/05 05:27 PM Re: Thoughts on my HT (Long-winded)
BlueStater Offline
veteran

Loc: Portland, OR
Tom,

Probably the Willamette BrewPub downtown. Went belly-up years ago. I had my first, uh, legal beer at Thompson's with my Dad. I actually mixed FOH for a friend's band at Boon's about 3 months ago. Hadn't been there since it became a McDeadHead's.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.