AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (a401classic, Murph, MarkSJohnson), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403258 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11144
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122926 - 01/04/06 12:06 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
davemire Offline
old hand

Loc: Peterborough, ON
Above all, I appreciate quality, fidelity, and a clear and precise sound stage (Hence my love for Axioms) But as a musician, specifically a bass guitarist, I also love the punch and low rumble of loud bass, extremely loud in most cases. Therefore, 143Db is just a start of my bass end, and when I am at home I listen to clear quality sound from my system.... make more sense

I strive to find the perfect sound, and find myself scrutinizing my home audio system constantly. That makes me an 'extreme' audiophile. *Sit in the dark and listen; pick it all apart, while constantly playing with all the settings and placements.*

#122927 - 01/04/06 12:20 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
dakkon Offline
connoisseur

eek.. in the dark, with no big screen.... sheesh..

#122928 - 01/04/06 12:24 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
In reply to:

I strive to find the perfect sound, and find myself scrutinizing my home audio system constantly. That makes me an 'extreme' audiophile. *Sit in the dark and listen; pick it all apart, while constantly playing with all the settings and placements.*

Is there really such a thing as a perfect audio system? I used to do the same thing, listen to the system and pretty much forget it is the music that really counts. I have had the existing system for a bit over two years and the wanting to buy new pieces of equipment is done. I can just sit there and enjoy the music and not be concerned about "the system". This is, imo, what we all strive to achieve but I do wonder how many actually get to this point.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#122929 - 01/04/06 12:27 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
davemire Offline
old hand

Loc: Peterborough, ON
Well, I only get scruitinize the speakers that aren't Axiom. Since I got the m22ti's I found myself pulling out the old albums and just loving the music. I couldn't be happier now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.