AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404218 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125990 - 01/31/06 12:04 AM Re: XP Pro Software Raid 5, any input?
SirQuack Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Iowa
Thanks Dan, yep I found that article the other day. I'm still tossing around my options, possibly just setting up a mirroring scenario. Again, I just plan to use this as a HTPC so I won't be running many applications other than TheaterTek DVD software and the OS itself, which would reside on my primary drive. I was planning on using the extra hard drives for ripping my CD's and possibly some of my DVD collection so I don't have to get up often to swap out the DVD's in the player. I also plan to add an HDTV tuner OTA card at some point. Not sure about adding a PVR card yet.

Maybe my best bet would be to use like a Raid 1/mirrored environment?

Thanks again.

#125991 - 01/31/06 12:57 AM Re: XP Pro Software Raid 5, any input?
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Or just have two drives and periodically copy one to the other. Can you tell I have had to fix more than my share of mirrored / RAIDed systems in my days ?

#125992 - 01/31/06 01:14 AM Re: XP Pro Software Raid 5, any input?
danmagicman7 Offline
connoisseur

Um...sirquack. You don't need a PVR card. If I understand correctly, you are meaning a Personal Video Recorder card?

An HDTV card does that one and the same.

Windows XP Media Center has an integrated TV tuner program which can automatically record TV shows with a TV guide and has integrated DVD software as well as a music playback system. You're going to want that as the operating system instead of numerous other programs.

Also, you can get a program such as Norton Ghost to automatically back up your most important data onto a dedicated backup drive. That's what I do, and I can still use the extra space on the backup drive for other things too.

Hard drives don't just die all of the sudden anymore, they are becoming more and more reliable. They are much more likely to die in high stress environments, such as a server, which is why servers use RAID much more than desktops do.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.