AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (1sweetspot, nickbuol), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22915 Topics
405095 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16288
SirQuack 13339
CV 11234
MarkSJohnson 10934
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140 - 06/18/01 04:09 PM "My Room" & Phase & Frequency Control
craig Offline

1. In your FAQ you refer to "my room" feature for customized speaker placement. Could you please tell me where I could find this information?

2. I was wondering why the EP subs use only a switch with only 2 setting 0 and 180 to set phase. I would have thought that a variable potentiometer would have been more precise. Just wondering?

3. As for the crossover frequency control. Would it make sense to adjust it to a lower frequency if the main speakers produced a decent amount of bass themselves? I suppose overlapping would not be desirable.

Thanks,
Craig

#141 - 06/23/01 04:06 PM Re: "My Room" & Phase & Frequency Control
axiomadmin Offline
old hand

Loc: Muskoka, ON
Hi Craig;

1. The 'my room' feature is a work in process. We're trying to find a programmer who can make it work the way we picture it. Stay tuned!

2. In deciding what features to include in our subs, the high cost and limited usefulness of variable phase settings eliminated it as an option.

3. Yes, it does make sense to adjust down the crossover frequency control , especially if the sub is not on the same plane as the front channels.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.