Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
4 registered (richeydog, jakewash, Stilljoe, Ken.C), 127 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12688 Members
11 Forums
22681 Topics
400442 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10675
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144231 - 08/23/06 12:56 PM Re: VP150 location in new HDTV setup [Re: bugbitten]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
SO much of this depends upon the room that it is apparently not helpful for us to speculate. Obviously, people have had success with both approaches.

I like Doug's approach (not "either or" but "both and"). "Less" is not "More", More is More!

I have not had any trouble with the omnimount thing. I have an old Mitsubishi CRT RPTV, so the weight is absolutely not an issue for me. Again - for me, in my room - I preferred above to below acoustically (though not aesthetically). As you can see from the other responses, the room seems to make even more difference than placement on this topic. I do not think that using the omnimount shelf for a VP150 would be a problem; it is quite wide. I put those little vinyl bumper stickons on the bottom of the speaker and shoved a wedge under the back.

It'll be swell.

#144232 - 08/24/06 04:10 PM Re: VP150 location in new HDTV setup [Re: tomtuttle]
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
I got the new stand setup last night. Still getting everything wired up though. I'm not happy with the company that makes it though. I contacted them ahead of time to find out the amount of space there was height wise for the shelving. They told me 8" each. They are both less then this. The shelf below the tv is about 7.5" and the bottom one is just under 7". Fortunately, the VP150 can still fit on the 7.5" shelf with a tiny bit ( 1/8" maybe) of room to spare. I sent an email to the company, but it will probably take days to hear back if I do at all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.