AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403247 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11143
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158072 - 02/08/07 10:45 PM TV on the Radio
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
I bought TV on the Radio's latest CD, Return to Cookie Mountain, about a week ago. I had heard a couple songs from their first album, Dreams being my favorite, which is available as a free download here along with some of their other songs. Anyway, I had been hearing the new album is better then the first, and it is getting good reviews from all the critics as well, so I picked it up. It takes a listen or two to get used to, but I'm hooked now. Dirtywhirl and A Method are two of my favs, but I think it is the type of album where the whole thing is good, and one song is a favorite, and then 10 listens through later another song grows on you and becomes your favorite, until most of them get a turn. Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else is into them. If you aren't I recommend checking them out, especially if you are interested in new music that isn't completely mainstream. Here is a link to the TVOTR Web Site

I see they're coming to Philly in April. I might just have to go. I actually saw them open for NIN back in June, but I only knew a couple of their songs then.

#158073 - 02/08/07 11:48 PM Re: TV on the Radio [Re: Zarak]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Talk about weird timing, Zarak, but I just added TV on the Radio to my queue at yourmusic. Played a couple of samples and liked what I heard. Have to wait until payday to hit purchase.

#158074 - 02/09/07 03:22 PM Re: TV on the Radio [Re: Zarak]
muzikjunkee Offline

Z-TVOTR is incredible! I couldn't wait to get my hands on Return to Coookie Mountain. I bought it the day it was released. This was easily the best CD I've purchased in years. If they are going to be in Philly, don't miss the show. I saw them in Baltimore back in Oct. Unbelieveable!

#158075 - 02/14/07 08:03 PM Re: TV on the Radio [Re: muzikjunkee]
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

I'll be there. My wife said she'd go with me. Just ordered tickets. April 20th in Philly! Only a 1200 person venue, SRO. Should be good getting to see them up close.

#158076 - 02/16/07 01:12 PM Re: TV on the Radio [Re: Zarak]
sidvicious02 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Brandon, Manitoba
thanks for the heads up on this one you guys, can't find them anywhere on the radio (absolutely no pun intended here, quite serious actually) but they get a bit of airplay on Sirius. Have to see if i can track down the disc.

#158077 - 02/18/07 10:11 PM Re: TV on the Radio [Re: sidvicious02]
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Tower Records is the cheapest place I have seen Return to Cookie Mountain online. Amazon has it as well.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.