AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405205 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164862 - 04/18/07 07:10 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: real80sman]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:

I’m not particularly familiar w/ mental disorders

Oh Sure! Of course not. Why would you be. Nobody ever said you were crazy or anything. You got some kind of persecution complex or something? How defensive can you get? Methinks you do protest too much. I'll bet you've got one closet full of prescriptions and another closet full of, well, whatever it is you apparently hallucinate. Shrooms and PCP in your past perhaps? Some People!

Jaime, that's a joke, you know?

Going to self-medicate, now...

It really p!sses me off that you east-coasters are three hours ahead of me in happy-hour time.

#164863 - 04/18/07 07:31 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: tomtuttle]
JaimeG Offline
aficionado

Loc: Ashburn, VA
I knew that was coming when I reread my post shortly after I clicked postit
I should have said, ...not knowledgeable or educated in the field of mental disorders.

#164864 - 04/18/07 09:23 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: tomtuttle]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
[quote

It really p!sses me off that you east-coasters are three hours ahead of me in happy-hour time.

ya friggn lush...

#164865 - 04/18/07 11:04 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: medic8r]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Quote:

Quote:

I'm okay with that assuming that street sense doesn't translate into any other sense at all.

No, no - I was not trying to imply anything of the sort. Just an affirmation of street smarts. Lots of people have both kinds of "smarts", and I see no evidence of you lacking either.

Nah, I was taking a bit of a shot at myself at the kinds of smarts.

No harm, no foul...

Bren R.

#164866 - 04/18/07 11:48 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: JaimeG]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Quote:

Working with the human mind is 0,1 and a colossal spectrum in between; I don’t know how you do it.

Yeah, that's both the beauty and the beast right there.

The brain really is the final frontier of medicine, so things will always be interesting here. Still, no matter what medications there are or will be, behavior is basically free will with some level of control applied by a bunch of complex factors: genetics, environments past and present, personality, physiology ...

I remind myself, and the occasional patient who needs a reframe, that this is not one of those fields of medicine in which you get the quick fix. It's also important to let them know that improvement requires significant effort on their part.

It gets tough sometimes, but there's lots of tough jobs out there, and this seems a good fit for me. Thanks for the kind words!

#164867 - 04/18/07 11:54 PM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: real80sman]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Quote:

This is actually her:

< image of dysthymic middle-aged man >

Yeah, maybe - I think the lips are a match ...

#164868 - 04/19/07 09:39 AM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: real80sman]
speakergrrl Offline
old hand

Loc: NC
Quote:

Yes she is. This is actually her

Close, that's my Uncle Vernon! Luckily I get my looks from the other side of the family

Quote:

YOU GO SPEAKERGRRL!!!!!

Oh, I do! Thanks! Why'd I lurk so long when I could have been getting this attention all along?

#164869 - 04/20/07 01:52 AM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: speakergrrl]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Quote:

Quote:

YOU GO SPEAKERGRRL!!!!!

Oh, I do! Thanks! Why'd I lurk so long when I could have been getting this attention all along?

I completely misread that as "[going] is why I got this much attention all along."

I must need sleep.

Bren R.

#164870 - 04/20/07 08:54 AM Re: Top 5 guitarists - according to the Axiom crow [Re: BrenR]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
That's golden, Bren.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.