AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 147 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403267 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167801 - 05/10/07 08:56 PM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: vassillios]
bridgman Online   content
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Another vote for "in Canada the tough parts of the cow are called ground beef". That's why we mix so much stuff into our burgers and just put salt and black pepper on steaks.

Edited by bridgman (05/10/07 09:00 PM)

#167802 - 05/11/07 07:15 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: Ken.C]
vassillios Offline
aficionado

Loc: Warrenton, VA
Quote:

Anyone got one for beer and not bbq sauce? My wife is not fond of the stuff, but I once had a beer marinated steak that was truly wonderful... Never tried it myself. It seems wrong to use a $10 bottle of beer on a steak, and, well, that's all I buy...

there's a place here in VA called Sweetwater Tavern, they make a "drunken ribeye" (marinated in their pale ale) that is to die for.

Edited by vassillios (05/11/07 07:15 AM)

#167803 - 05/11/07 07:18 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: vassillios]
vassillios Offline
aficionado

Loc: Warrenton, VA
And for those that say marinades are not for them...I agree with your logic...that's the beauty of my recipe. The oil pretty burns off, the soy sauce adds some saltiness and the garlic and herbs add some flavor. When my steaks come off the grill, they look like they haven't been soaked in a bunch of crap.

Edited by vassillios (05/11/07 07:19 AM)

#167804 - 05/11/07 08:34 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: vassillios]
Mojo Offline
connoisseur

This simple marinade never disappoints.

#167805 - 05/14/07 02:11 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: Mojo]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
I took the reins and did some chicken breasts tonight... I'm not a huge fan of chicken... usually I either marinate the crap out of them in Italian dressing, or I build up a candy coating of teriyaki on them while barbequing... decided to go in a different direction this time, and mix up a rub... I went with:

4 tsps chili powder
4 tsps paprika
2 tsps cumin
2/3 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp mustard seeds (ground)
1 tsp lemon pepper

should do about... oh... 4 breasts. Was pretty good, different than my normal "spices up front" way of cooking... nice and subdued.

For the paprika, I had some really nice Hungarian stuff from Folklorama's Hungary pavilion.

For the mustard, since I don't have a mortar and pestle, I just crack mustard seeds between a folded sheet of parchment with a marble rolling pin.

And why is it all in teaspoons? Easy, one measuring spoon to wash.

Bren R.

#167806 - 05/14/07 03:34 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: BrenR]
LightninJoe Offline
aficionado

Loc: Portland, OR
I finally cracked the chix breast code a couple of years ago. I've been taught forever that you always marinate chicken breasts then grill them on medium to low heat. After lots of experimentation I discovered that you can essentially treat them like steaks: You can season them with dry rubs then grill them on fairly high heat. You need to play with the time to get used to it but basically grill them 3 minutes on a side over high heat and press with your thumb to check doneness. Firm but not hard is done, just let them sit 5 minutes to complete cooking. The result is flavorful but still very moist. Most of the lower heat methods I've seen result in dry, chalky chicken breasts. Oops one important thing: Butterfly the breasts so they are even thickness before you season and grill them.

#167807 - 05/14/07 07:01 AM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: LightninJoe]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Yep. Butterflying is key. Without it, the middle of the breast will be moist but the edges will be crispy/dry.

#167808 - 05/14/07 09:50 PM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: pmbuko]
samandnoah Offline
devotee

Loc: Austin, TX
For Mother's Day I marinated a couple of tri-tips for about 6 hours in some red wine, fresh crushed garlic, minced onion, chopped fresh oregano & parsley, a big shot of Pickapeppa sauce, some Lawrey's salt, and pepper. Grilled until about 130F, and let sit for 10 minutes. Sliced thin across the grain. Served with baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and a greek salad. All the moms were very happy, as were the dads.

Perhaps the mojitos helped the attitude.
Rich

#167809 - 05/14/07 10:52 PM Re: Your favorite steak marinade (if you marinade) [Re: samandnoah]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Mojitos make everything better. Those cubans know how to drink.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.