AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405127 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11234
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184649 - 11/19/07 10:12 PM Laser turntables -- NO needles
VikingShips Offline
old hand

Loc: southern CA
Anyone hear of or listened to the turntable that uses no needle? Check it out:

ELP laser turntables

This has got to be the coolest thing for vinyl lovers. As usual, with technology this sophisticated, it isn't cheap....

#184661 - 11/19/07 10:59 PM Re: Laser turntables -- NO needles [Re: VikingShips]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
What good are turntables if you can't scratch?

Try and tell my buddy that you can have turntables without needles :)check the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY5TMy7Xh0

#184668 - 11/19/07 11:34 PM Re: Laser turntables -- NO needles [Re: VikingShips]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I love how you can get a demo CD from them that will illustrate the difference between lasers and needles. \:D

Edited by pmbuko (11/19/07 11:34 PM)

#184700 - 11/20/07 12:45 AM Re: Laser turntables -- NO needles [Re: pmbuko]
oldskoolboarder Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
Funny.

My ex-boss from my first job out of college was the founder of this company. I worked at Savi as employee #5 (or thereabouts) with him. Great guy, he became my first real career mentor. Bummer story, how the technology was pretty interesting (at least to me) but the market really wasn't there. It ended up coming out way more $$$ than he intended and he pretty much got bumped by the Board.

I remember him talking to another analog/RF engineer about how they liked tube equipment and built their own crossovers and listed to LPs (and not for DJing.) His goal when he hit the jackpot (which he did), was to buy a big boat and finally have his dedicated stereo room. I always thought that was pretty weird. Fast forward almost 20 years and here I am on this board because of a renewed interest in music. And I have tube equipment and have achieved my goal of a dedicated theatre room and stereo room. Thanks Rob.

http://www.breakthroughs.us.com/html/robbio.html

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.