AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (wschwartz, MarkSJohnson), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22840 Topics
403574 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16266
SirQuack 13321
CV 11159
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185628 - 11/26/07 03:07 PM Need a great sounding concert DVD
Worfzara Offline
aficionado

Loc: London area, Ont, Canada
I am looking for a really great sounding / looking concert DVD.

I need a concert DVD to show off how good my system sounds. I need something with good dynamics, that is recorded very well and that eveyone will enjoy. I have been looking at artists like Elton John, The Eagles, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond etc.

What does the Axiom public recommend?

Thanks

Paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Panasonic PT-AU900
AudioTrak AT-6100
Denon AVR-990

#185629 - 11/26/07 03:13 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: Worfzara]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
I know a lot of stores use The Eagle's DVD. I heard a track off it with the epic80/600 5.1 system when I auditioned some axioms.

It sounded great. Not sure exactly which DVD it was, but I would reccomend it.

#185632 - 11/26/07 03:40 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: terzaghi]
jakewash Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
The Eagles Farewell Tour 1 from Melbourne, The Eagles Hell Freezes Over, both are really good. The first one has just about everything ever done by them as a group or on their own that made it on the radio.

My HT

#185633 - 11/26/07 03:41 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: jakewash]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

I think it was the Farewell Tour I heard. Very good concert dvd.

#185640 - 11/26/07 04:02 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: terzaghi]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Here's a couple I like with great sound quality that *most* folks should enjoy...

Sound Stage 'Chris Isaak'
Eric Clapton 'One More Car, One More Rider'
John Fogerty 'The Long Road Home'
Derek Trucks Band 'Songlines' live
'Concert For George'
Pink Floyd 'PULSE'
Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over' (often used as a reference DVD)

Also, Blue Man Groups 'Complex Rock Tour Live' is one that most everybody should enjoy with great sound....

Of course these will probably be scratched whenever HD/DVD - Blu Ray starts coming out with more music DVDs with lossless sound.

If you like the blues, Eric Clapton's DVD 'Sessions For Robert J' has really great sound. I got the DVD in a CD/DVD package.

smile

#185650 - 11/26/07 04:56 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: RickF]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
If you have HD, the Eagle concert sounds terrific, and looks equally terrific.
If you have BR, the Dave Mathews concert sounds amazing. I havent had the chance to hear this with DTS Master and only the core DTS track, but even thats great. Im looking forward to watching / hearing this one again as soon as my new BR player shows up that decodes DTS Master.
For SD/DVD, I think the Eric Clapton Crossroads concert is very good. AC/DCs live at Downingtown sounds good, but the video is pretty grainy. I also have the Rush R30, but can only take so much rush.but is sounds pretty darn good. I found the Pulse concert to be somewhat lacking and not real sure why. Another great CD/DVD combo is KWSs latest. The DVD has horrible video, but the sound track is very good. If you like old time blues, this is a great disk as he plays with some of real old timers (half of which died before the disk came out).

#185654 - 11/26/07 05:09 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: michael_d]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

I wish the Dave Matthew's band concert was on HD-DVD \:\(

#185655 - 11/26/07 05:16 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: michael_d]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
 Originally Posted By: mdrew
Another great CD/DVD combo is KWSs latest. The DVD has horrible video, but the sound track is very good. If you like old time blues, this is a great disk as he plays with some of real old timers (half of which died before the disk came out).

Damn those CD/DVD combos .... I keep forgetting about the '10 Days Out' and 'Robert J' DVDs whenever I'm looking though our music DVDs for something to watch, I have them in the original CD cases and stored with all of the other Cd's on the CD shelves, makes me now wonder what else is hidden away in there. Looks like I'm going to have to get a couple of extra DVD cases just for these. Thanks for the reminder Mike!

Paul I see you are a flyer ... the movie One Six Right is out on DVD, I bet the HD version is slick.

Terzaghi ... I wish there were a lot more stuff out on HD-DVD that currently isn't. ;\)

smile

#185663 - 11/26/07 05:54 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: RickF]
Mojo Offline
connoisseur

The Eagles Farewell Tour I is amazing.

#185670 - 11/26/07 07:16 PM Re: Need a great sounding concert DVD [Re: Mojo]
Rock_Head Offline
aficionado

Loc: Delta, BC, Canada
Boz Scaggs - Greatest Hits Live DVD (filmed in HD) \:\)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.