AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (Murph, J. B., MarkSJohnson), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22897 Topics
404609 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10900
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194085 - 01/28/08 12:53 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: jakeman]
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Ah! Different perceptions I guess. I didn't see any political correctness. One person said he was offended and found the remark inappropriate, and another agreed. That was it. Nobody insulted anyone, particularly not Amie, Ian or Alan, or called anyone names.

On the other side of the coin, since expressing their opinion, it's been suggested they need to get a life, lighten up, go back to AVSforum and never come back, told they should apologize, and have been called stuffed shirts (we'll overlook the politically correct implications).

Certainly no one demanded an apology from Amie, Ian, or Alan. That they chose to do so, even though they intended no offense, is to their credit and only adds to the high regard in which I already hold them.

For the record, I wasn't offended in the least. I was puzzled by the comment, and didn't "get it." However, at the risk of disappointing you, I certainly feel no need to apologize for that fact.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#194086 - 01/28/08 12:56 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: jakeman]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Ok everyone, listen up. Will the people whose reaction to the letter fell on the negative side of the spectrum please line up on that side of the room. Now the people whose reaction fell on the positive side please line up on the other side of the room. No need to run, just move up next to the wall.

What's that, Billy? You were ambivalent? You have to pick one or the other. You know, for us or against us? Ok then.

Now, look carefully at the people on the other side of the room. Many of them are your friends. Some not. Depending on which side of the room you're on, there's either a handful of people on the other side or quite a few. I want you to pick out a single person on the other side of the room and concentrate on them.

Ok, now. Remember that this person feels differently about the matter at hand than you do. Does that make them the wrong? Does that make their feelings any less valid? For that matter, are feelings ever wrong? Should people be faulted for sharing their honest reactions?

Political correctness is such a loaded term that it really has no business in a discussion unless you're trying to sell a book or throw some flamebait. Empathy, or the ability to acknowledge and perhaps even understand another person's feelings -- especially when they differ from your own -- is a skill that could do the world a whole lot of good if only people took the time to acquire it.

#194091 - 01/28/08 01:38 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: pmbuko]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Peter, we'd get along better if you put some donuts in the room with us. \:\)

#194092 - 01/28/08 01:41 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
See who can wear the most donuts... on their Cyrano?

#194098 - 01/28/08 02:01 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Originally Posted By: CV
See who can wear the most donuts... on their Cyrano?

Better get more than a dozen. Otherwise all you other guys won't get a chance.

#194100 - 01/28/08 02:11 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
You must think you're Pinocchio. Lying about your length makes it grow? \:D

#194101 - 01/28/08 02:21 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Hey, whatever works.

#194107 - 01/28/08 08:12 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: St_PatGuy]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ah.... I thought you were going to give us swords on each side of the room so we can re-enact braveheart

#194116 - 01/28/08 09:05 AM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: terzaghi]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
pmbuko FTW!

That was f'in' awesome.

Nice to see empathy get a shout out.

#194211 - 01/28/08 09:41 PM Re: Axiom ‘s newsletter feature question [Re: St_PatGuy]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Peter, we'd get along better if you put some donuts in the room with us. \:\)

I've never seen the group at work happier than when someone whips out a box of donuts on Monday morning.
It really does have an amazing effect, on a tough crowd, and for those who like donuts.
;\)

Edited by chesseroo (01/28/08 09:41 PM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.