AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (newf, 1sweetspot), 61 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404600 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199214 - 03/05/08 03:26 PM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: St_PatGuy]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Guy-gax

#199217 - 03/05/08 04:12 PM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: Ken.C]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
That's what I thought. Thanks!

#199243 - 03/05/08 06:50 PM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: St_PatGuy]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
My brother's response:
So much for sales of the Immortals Rules...

We're getting a family deal on tickets to hell apparently.

I played the original (Basic, Master, Companion, Master, Immortal) set, but never AD&D... also Middle Earth Role Playing (which had a great set of rules) and Top Secret:SI (which was just plain awesome).

Bren R.

#199291 - 03/05/08 11:25 PM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: BrenR]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
 Originally Posted By: BrenR
My brother's response:
So much for sales of the Immortals Rules...

We're getting a family deal on tickets to hell apparently.

Quote:

I played the original (Basic, Master, Companion, Master, Immortal) set, but never AD&D... also Middle Earth Role Playing (which had a great set of rules) and Top Secret:SI (which was just plain awesome).

Wow.
There's not many people that may even remember that one Bren. It was rather short lived.
One can always find a good online resource for them now though.
http://spies-r-us.org/
Great stuff.

#199299 - 03/06/08 12:33 AM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: chesseroo]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
My own experience with tabletop RPGs is extremely limited. Being a huge Star Wars nerd, I played the Star Wars RPG, but if my dad had his way, I wouldn't have even played that. There were some good times, and some arguments. Overall, I thought it was nice mental exercise, and I wish I'd done a little more.

I think my best friend still plays different RPGs when he gets together with his brother. His brother has quite a few shelves full of RPG books, and I think it's pretty much a weekly affair.

Someone at work is also still heavy into D&D and Warhammer, and he's 33 or so. After he got married, he was thinking about giving up gaming upon turning 30. Hearing him talk about his quests can get a little old at times, but still, he enjoys it, and I told him that if he enjoys it, he should continue. When it comes down to it, he's a responsible guy and doesn't neglect his wife, so I see nothing wrong with him spending time on a hobby he enjoys.

Anyway, Gary Gygax's contributions to gaming are apparently going to live on for a long time. It's an impressive legacy to leave behind, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

#199381 - 03/06/08 07:44 PM Re: RIP Gary Gygax [Re: CV]
grunt Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Nirvana
RIP Gary. \:\(

His first game of his I got was “Chainmail” followed quickly by the original D&D boxed set. Must have played almost every role-play game from the 70’s because of him, but due to cost finally specialized in D&D, Traveler, Chivalry & Sorcery, and Runequest. Wrote my 1st computer program on our high school mainframe to generate D&D encounters for my world. Ended up in college in the SCA doing live action D&D in the tunnels below the dorms at Oregon State. Major geek action here but it was worth it Gary!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.