To the OP:
Check out Evile. Old-school West-coast thrash at its finest (Enter the Grave was produced by Fleming Rasmussen).
If you like NIN, you may also enjoy KMFDM (Nihil and their [Symbols] album in particular, the latter because the production is great, IMO).
Some other personal favourites that others may enjoy:
- Arch Enemy; their Live Apocalypse DVD is excellent;
- Type O Negative's October Rust;
- The Sword's Gods of the Earth;
- Black Tide's Light From Above;
- Airbourne's Runnin' Wild;
- Testament's latest, The Formation of Damnation.
And finally, metal sounds great on my M3s driven by a 20-year old Denon amp.