AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405835 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 6 of 99 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#224497 - 10/08/08 07:14 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: tomtuttle]
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
Heck anyone can do some nice cooks on any number of inexpensive smokers. I started out with a Brinkman gas smoker. I just recently was looking into getting a new smoker and found these reviews . I saw the Big Drum Smoker and started researching them and found a wealth of info on building a clone of these drum smokers. Well after the research and collecting a few parts I went ahead and just built my own. I've only done a couple of smokes on it and so far it's went fairly well. As with any smoker it all comes down to temperature control.

Anyone that wants a pretty good smoker that is an easy build and cost near nothing should give it a shot.

Thanks for all the complements.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#224512 - 10/08/08 08:30 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Wid]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Hey wid, how much smoke do these things put out? I would love to try a mini version, but living in an apartment, I don't want to attract too much attention.

City bylaws do not allow bbqs and such on balconys, but nobody enforces this. I suspect making lots of smoke would be like putting a big bullseye on your back and walking through a shooting range.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#224515 - 10/08/08 08:34 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: fredk]
Wid Offline
axiomite

They put out a minimal amount of smoke. I don't think a good neighbor would mind the smell of a good BBQ. You can always control the smoke with the amount of wood you use.

Make sure to invite the neighbors and that will guarantee they won't mind.

Edited by wid (10/08/08 08:36 PM)

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#224517 - 10/08/08 08:39 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Wid]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Hmm... Its tempting. I wonder if the fire department likes pulled pork?

-------

#224519 - 10/08/08 08:46 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: fredk]
Wid Offline
axiomite

It produces no where enough smoke to worry about that. I love some pulled pork although it takes forever to make it

#224526 - 10/08/08 10:10 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Wid]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Thanks. It sounds like its worth looking into a little more.

-------

#224539 - 10/08/08 11:04 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: fredk]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
For dinner today, I had a Costco hot dog with Coke, and then I had leftover mac&cheese mixed with leftover chili. All quite tasty. \:\)

#224545 - 10/08/08 11:25 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
The wife had a meeting tonight, the kids and I had Mickey D's, I think I'm gonna be sick, a BigMac and a Fillet of fish is about all the empty calories and fat I need for the month

#224547 - 10/08/08 11:28 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
For dinner today, I had a Costco hot dog with Coke, and then I had leftover mac&cheese mixed with leftover chili. All quite tasty. \:\)

In college, my roommates and neighbors made numerous trips to Costco for hot dogs or pizza. Cheapest and most filling meal around.

#224549 - 10/08/08 11:30 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: HomeDad]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
 Originally Posted By: HomeDad
The wife had a meeting tonight, the kids and I had Mickey D's, I think I'm gonna be sick, a BigMac and a Fillet of fish is about all the empty calories and fat I need for the month

Michael, I totally agree. About three years ago I began making sandwiches to bring for lunch. When you get away from the fast food thing for a while you realize how yucky some of it can get.

I still get cravings every once in a while, though.

Page 6 of 99 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 98 99 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.