Does the high-current-draw-shutting-down-the-amplifier problem have anything to do with the fact that the electrical wiring in my home I'm pretty sure is not rated to handle the current being drawn? If I upgrade the wiring to 1 or 2 dedicated 20 amp lines, might that solve the problem? It doesn't make sense to me that it would except through some kind of instability phenomenon, e.g., when I plug the amp directly into the wall and presumably even more power is available it almost seems to cut out faster. I may need to upgrade the wiring anyway given the load I am already running and what with the ep800 on the way, but I was just wondering if there was any theoretical reason to expect that it might help.
"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."