AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, exlabdriver), 37 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404229 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#247029 - 02/15/09 02:41 PM Re: Those in the know [Re: audiodreamer]
ibmack Offline
buff

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
audiodreamer, is it possible that you have your "Monitor Out" setting on your Onkyo to "Analog"? - in which case it won't accept HDMI for upconversion. Just a guess, but I can tell you with certainty that my 876 upconverts anything I feed it via HDMI.

#247035 - 02/15/09 03:00 PM Re: Those in the know [Re: ibmack]
audiodreamer Offline
old hand

Loc: Okc
I currently have the HDMI going straight to tv and HD still looks great. However non hd is neither better or worse. Basketball games, motorcross, anything with a lot of motion is degraded, either through the tv or the receiver. This is of course non hd. There is a chart in the back of my onkyo manual that shows inputs/outputs for all resolutions. If I use HDMI in the upscaler on the receiver does not affect it.

Suppose that a 480 dvd is better than 480 broadcast. If I had a poor cable signal as far as the 480 goes would this cause the outgoing upconversion to be worse even if showing to be in 1080i?

If I was to change the output on the receiver to 720p, I wander if I would get a better picture (one without overscanning (this is what I was told happens if you set the plasma to just scan))

#247037 - 02/15/09 03:15 PM Re: Those in the know [Re: audiodreamer]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
I really don't know if anything can save 480 broadcast.

#247038 - 02/15/09 03:15 PM Re: Those in the know [Re: ibmack]
Zimm Offline
connoisseur

Loc: New Orleans
 Originally Posted By: ibmack
audiodreamer, is it possible that you have your "Monitor Out" setting on your Onkyo to "Analog"? - in which case it won't accept HDMI for upconversion. Just a guess, but I can tell you with certainty that my 876 upconverts anything I feed it via HDMI.

The 876 is different, it does upconvert over the HDMI signal. I'll go find the article, I don't want to mislead you if I just misread the review, but I thought this was the case that the 806 would pass on the original over HDMI but not upconvert it. I'll get back to everyone with the review I'm thinking of.

!EDIT!: My apologies to everyone. I was confused. I had been considering the Onkyo and read a bunch of reviewes and confused them. It was actually the Denon that had this problem. No HDMI upscale
The problem with the Onkyo 806 only the issue of no pure pass-through over HDMI. Onkyo 806 HDMI pass-through
Sorry for the confusion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.