AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (onn, exlabdriver), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405819 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11271
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2592 - 04/11/02 04:13 AM subs
tannoy Offline

I would purchase a 'true-sub' from axiom, if they made one. When, if ever will Axiom design a real sub? I want a sub that can go down low, below 20hz. Any such plans for such a sub? I am not after an enginering marvel, from axiom, nothing like that small black cube by sunfire. I want a big sub 15"or + woofer(s). If Axiom can produce a sub that can perform even close to a 18" velodyne, or sunfire, for less$ . I will be first in line! Any plans for such a sub? I am serious. I will by the test models. One of a kind concept models. Throw me a bone man!

#2593 - 04/11/02 08:41 AM Re: subs
ravi_singh Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Montreal
tannoy,

I agree that their subs look on the weak side compared to other ones. I have the EP125 (their smallest model), and, no, it does not go super deep. It is, however, one of the fastest, most musical subs I've heard for the price I paid (490 CAD). It's not the least bit boomy or slow.

I would, however, like them to combine these traits with a sub that can hit it out below 20hz, to really make my pants shake when listening to it. I was also disappointed that the Line Level In does not have gold plated RCA jacks. Perhaps these are two suggestions that should be incorporated in their next design!

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.