AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403246 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11142
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#273264 - 09/26/09 01:23 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: terzaghi]
PeterChenoweth Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Jacksonville, IL
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi

For some reason when I read this the first time I read it as "reduced anal leakage"...

It's a FEATURE!
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office

#273265 - 09/26/09 01:27 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: PeterChenoweth]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
But only if used as NOT intended. They might stop you up for a while, anyway.

#273271 - 09/26/09 09:27 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: Adrian]
Joebob Offline
old hand

Loc: Earth
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
That's a bargain at $300, but I think I'd send them out to the Ninja Guy to improve them for another 3-4 hundred.

He will sell you 2 pieces of felt with holes cut in them to duct tape to your head for $60.00. It keeps the treble from bouncing off your nose thus time aligning the resonance of you sinus cavities with the ligaments in your knees that cause your brain to smear the sound inside your o-blah-di-o-blah-da.

You have to lend him your pair to test though, because he doesn't actually own any. For the privilege of letting him develop a commercial product he can sell developed using the equipment you have paid for, he will give you a discount to purchase his tweak. If you think I'm kidding about this last bit, hold your nose and wallow in his forums.

#273272 - 09/26/09 09:35 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: Joebob]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
The design looks a lot like some headphones I picked up off of Woot a year or so ago for $10. They were a real bargain on Woot since they normally sold for something much higher (as I remember), but of course, you slap the Monster name on them, put some angled cuts into the metal to call them "Turbo," and then give it a stupid high price so you can call them "Pro" and you have what they are selling...

#273273 - 09/26/09 10:05 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: nickbuol]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Part of the price is justified by the lifetime warranty. They'll replace them if you break them.

#273278 - 09/26/09 10:44 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: pmbuko]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
I wonder how many you need to break to justify the $$ tag ?

#273281 - 09/26/09 10:53 AM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: Adrian]
Spoiler Offline
aficionado

Loc: South Florida
Oops

Edited by Spoiler (09/26/09 10:59 AM)
Edit Reason: Thought I saw em 149...wrong link and phones. :)

#273326 - 09/26/09 10:55 PM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: Spoiler]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
I would even buy Bose headphones over Monster \:\)

-Max Payne

#273565 - 09/29/09 02:13 PM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: BlueJays1]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
My guesse at their strategy is this. After seeing the "Supertip" ear tips (marketing drippage), which look identical to the style om my Zune's premium ear pieces and also the Klipsh models show in the pictures below, I had the thought that many of the people 'uneducated in audio' enough to buy any monster product have probably never tried inner-ear earphones.

If their design is reasonably good, and I'm sure they made them good enough to not fall prey to general scrutiny by reviewers, then those used to ear buds and such will certainly experience better sound isolation and probably better audio quality than the Apple (or most Apple style) buds they were using previously and also probably much better than many 'open' (Walkman style) earphones they were using previously. They will then spout on about how much better it sounds and justify to all their friends why they are worth so much money. Monster may not be very ethical but they are brilliant marketers.

In reality, I'm doubtful they sound much better than my Zune phones but normally that would be unfair to say without hearing them myself or a after few authoritative reviews are published. However, given Monster's proven track record of ripping of the consumer, I'm leaning on guilty until proven innocent on this one.

Edit: Before I'm corrected: Re. my describing them as "inner ear" I realize they are not true inner ear phones, such as are my Shure's that litterally get stuffed right into the canal, but this style are often described as such as they do tend to engulf further into the ear and create a seal to give you the extra isolation.

Edited by Murph (09/29/09 02:18 PM)

#295408 - 03/07/10 12:16 PM Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones [Re: Murph]
punisher101 Offline
buff

Loc: Toronto, ON
Speaking about Monster heaphones. They are really getting into celebrity endorsements such as:

Dr Dre Beats
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5800

Diddy Beats
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5624

and something for the ladies:

Lady GaGa Heartbeats
http://www.ladygaga.com/heartbeats/

Smart move suckering the average consumer.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.