Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (MarkSJohnson, Eno, wilwom), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12787 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400651 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17698
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 71 of 365 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 364 365 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#254251 - 03/29/09 05:53 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I just watched the 2-hr series finale of Battlestar Galactica. It was fantastic. But alas, there is no more.... **tears**

Well, I decided I'd better start watching the show. I actually ordered the first season on HD DVD, since it was only $12.99 on Amazon.com (with Amazon.com Prime 2-day shipping), and I didn't want to wait until they start surfacing on Blu-ray, and why watch it on DVD if the HD DVDs are so cheap. Of course, now you'll tell me that it doesn't really hit its stride until after the first season, and I'll cry not because it's over, but because it hasn't really begun.

#254253 - 03/29/09 05:57 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
jakewash Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
I liked it from the very first episode, still waiting to buy season 2.

My HT

#254255 - 03/29/09 05:59 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: ClubNeon]
CV Offline

Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Perhaps it is because I'm a photographer and I've long since become used to seeing film grain that is doesn't bother me as much as it seems to other people. I say embrace the grain, it is an organic part of the picture.

Blu-ray.com review of The Princess Bride

They gave the video 4/5, so perhaps my criticism is based in crazy.

Originally Posted By: Blu-ray.com review
The Princess Bride debuts on Blu-ray with a fine 1080p transfer framed inside its native 1.85:1-window. This Blu-ray transfer offers a nice, noticeable improvement over the DVD. The image is consistently strong, sharp, and clear, with well-defined textures and many eye-catching details. The image remains stable in exhibiting fine clarity in both the foreground and background of most every frame. Particularly impressive are the richly-adorned fabrics worn by the players. Each reveals all of the stitches and adornments nicely, and the varied colors of each, from more earthy tones to vivid reds and purples, sparkle. Likewise, the lush green terrains seen throughout the movie offer a natural, pleasant appearance that both reveal fine amounts of detail -- often down to individual blades of grass -- and fantastic color. A layer of grain over the entirety of the image adds a good cinematic feel to the transfer. Although a few speckles and pops creep up from time to time over the print, this remains a strong, eye-catching and generally first-rate transfer sure to please longtime fans of the film. This is a fabulous transfer from MGM, a fine example of a catalogue title done right.

#254256 - 03/29/09 06:00 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: jakewash]
CV Offline

Originally Posted By: jakewash
I liked it from the very first episode, still waiting to buy season 2.

That's good to know.

#254268 - 03/29/09 08:39 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
 Quote:
They gave the video 4/5, so perhaps my criticism is based in crazy.

Or, time to get glasses?

#254269 - 03/29/09 08:47 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Offline

I do have to make an appointment with the eye doctor for a check-up. I'm down to my last pair of contact lenses next month.

But still, I think it just looks worse than it should. I've seen older movies look better.

#254271 - 03/29/09 08:58 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

I know what you mean. I've seen some movies from the 20s and 30s that look incredible compared to some modern films.

#254273 - 03/29/09 09:08 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
Argon Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Oak Ridge, NC
Just watched the Heels Hog Tie the Sooners...........

#254326 - 03/29/09 10:59 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Originally Posted By: CV
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I just watched the 2-hr series finale of Battlestar Galactica. It was fantastic. But alas, there is no more.... **tears**

Well, I decided I'd better start watching the show. I actually ordered the first season on HD DVD, since it was only $12.99 on Amazon.com (with Amazon.com Prime 2-day shipping), and I didn't want to wait until they start surfacing on Blu-ray, and why watch it on DVD if the HD DVDs are so cheap. Of course, now you'll tell me that it doesn't really hit its stride until after the first season, and I'll cry not because it's over, but because it hasn't really begun.

I looked for this on Amazon, but could only find a $99.99 version. \:\(

#254329 - 03/29/09 11:01 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
CV Offline

Follow the Used and New link the item's product page. I bought from TRADERBORA with "Fulfillment by Amazon.com."

Page 71 of 365 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 364 365 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.