AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22877 Topics
404368 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16274
SirQuack 13333
CV 11202
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Page 547 of 846 < 1 2 ... 545 546 547 548 549 ... 845 846 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#294129 - 02/26/10 09:34 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? ***** [Re: CatBrat]
FireGuy Offline
devotee

Loc: Buffalo, New York
Just picked up Nightwish's "Wishmaster"...been stuck on this band for a while now. Would have been better if I found them ten years ago. Perfect in DTS Neo 6. Now I want their album "Once". The band is sophisicated, and have (or had) one best fm lead singers I've experienced, Tarja.

#294175 - 02/27/10 10:30 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: RickF]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
 Originally Posted By: RickF
Picked up Them Crooked Vultures today and am in the middle of listening of it, so far I am really digging what I'm hearing, the wife not so much but that will change with a glass of wine ... or two or three.

I was really pleased and surprised by this CD. With all the star power packed into the line up, I was afraid it would be too indulgent, but it is not--just some good straightforward rockin'.

#294314 - 02/28/10 01:16 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
One of my best friends from high school has been listening to some Rush lately. This is not surprising, because he is the guy that turned me on to Rush.

What I thought was cool is where their music has been played recently. Beau Dure is covering the Olympics for USA Today, and when I asked him on Facebook where Rush was during these games, he posted back: "I heard a ton of Rush at the ski jumping venue, which chopped up instrumental bits of songs. Heard Malignant Narcissism, guitar riffs from Anthem, some of YYZ -- fun stuff."

#294358 - 02/28/10 01:32 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
Emzdogz Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

I was really pleased and surprised by this CD. With all the star power packed into the line up, I was afraid it would be too indulgent, but it is not--just some good straightforward rockin'.

that's one of the things that really struck me about them. Its just rock for the sake of rock. I mean rock and roll couldn't be more out of style these days, but these guys keep it going just for the pure pleasure of playing that music.
(Well I don't know that for sure, lol, they could be doing it for the money....)

But really, who else is doing pure rock these days? Most of the other rock out there seems to have like a headbanger element or an 80's arena rock element to it or some other thing that makes it slightly unsavory to an early 70's lovin' listener like myself. But this band does appeal to my inner 14 year old...lol which at this stage in my life is very, very welcome.

Other music I feel comfortable calling "rock" which has appealed to me relatively lately would be some Red Hot Chili Peppers, like the Stadium Arcadium album, or some of Chuck Prophet's stuff - which to be honest I'm not yet that familar with.

It just seems like rock got so, I dunno what's the word... YUCKY...that it drove me over to the Americana charts and some folkier type stuff, roots rock etc....none of which was BIG rock.

Them Crooked Vultures are BIG rock, but very tasty, without the 80's smarm. I guess they have a grunge element, seeing as how the drummer was Nirvana's, but it seems OK somehow. It just kind a brings it all back around.

#294364 - 02/28/10 02:00 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: Emzdogz]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
I listened to that CD again on the way to work this morning and a couple of the songs were reminiscent of 'Rob Zombie meets Derek and the Dominos' with a touch of Led Zeppelin ... or Les Claypool. (I don't know why that thought kept entering my mind!)

I really like this disc.

Here's a link to 'New Fang' for those who haven't heard these guys ... New Fang

Edited by RickF (02/28/10 02:10 PM)

smile

#294468 - 02/28/10 09:43 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: RickF]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm Listening to some more John Mayer. I listened to a lot of Battle Studies, Inside Wants Out, and Any Given Thursday.

Getting prepped for the John Mayer concert the wife and I attending next friday! I scored 8th row floor seats yesterday for face value through the ticketexchange service at ticketmaster. Can't wait!

#294498 - 03/01/10 01:27 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: terzaghi]
htnut
Unregistered

Oh Canada

#294687 - 03/02/10 12:27 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: ]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Marina and the Diamonds - The Family Jewels

My copy is finally here! It's starting out awexxxomely, so I'm happy. She still cracks me up.

#294709 - 03/02/10 11:28 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
Glitchy Offline
aficionado

Loc: Blueridge Foothills, NC
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008

#294934 - 03/03/10 05:39 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: Glitchy]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
I took the rest of the week off and at Sam's Club today, purchased Celtic Woman "Songs from the Heart" Live DVD. I've never heard Celtic Woman before, thinking it was primarily a woman singer, but I was impressed with the music and the sensual beauty of the women that performed.

Page 547 of 846 < 1 2 ... 545 546 547 548 549 ... 845 846 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.