AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13312 Members
11 Forums
22854 Topics
403804 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13325
CV 11170
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#301541 - 04/12/10 01:41 PM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: BlueJays1]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yeah, I too would love some wall maount m22's for my bedroom.

#301598 - 04/12/10 07:49 PM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: peterbell]
donlboy Offline
buff

Bookshelf, On-Wall/In-Wall, In-Wall, On-Wall and In-Cabinet. I've read several 'professional' reviews and many 'amateur' reviews of the Bookshelf M22, but nothing solid on any of the others - either as stand-alone tests or as a comparison to the Bookshelves. Can anyone point me to tests like that? With so many variations some kind of comparison would be helpful.

#301610 - 04/12/10 09:10 PM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: donlboy]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Many of the models are quite new, particularly the on-wall and in-wall ones. I have heard the on-walls and the bookshelf models, but at nowhere near the same time, nor the same position/room. Still, I suspect the bookshelves, being freestanding, have better bass. The imaging from the on-walls is very, very good, though.

#301624 - 04/12/10 11:38 PM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: terzaghi]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Now that these speakers have been released, I'd like to share some pictures I took of the on-wall M22s I evaluated. The speakers themselves are identical to the final version, but the bracket has undergone some refinements (which is why I'm not including any up-close pictures of the old version.)

The gallery includes some comparison shots to the bookshelf M22s. You'll notice I did not fish the wires through the wall, which I would go through the trouble to do in a permanent install location.

#301661 - 04/13/10 05:22 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: pmbuko]
jakewash Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Soooooooooo how do the on walls compare to the bookshelf? Are they similar enough in sound quality that most would not notice a difference or is there enough of a drop in low end performance that it is noticeable and the onwalls MUST have a sub to sound as warm as the standard bookshelf? Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm, we're waiting.....

My HT

#301673 - 04/13/10 09:34 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: jakewash]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
I'm also getting a pair of on-wall M22's today. I'm going to use some older speaker wire so I can a/b test them. I'm also one that believes that some speaker break in time is necessary first. Not much, just a couple of days of normal use.

#301675 - 04/13/10 09:53 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: jakewash]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Jay,

My bookshelf M22s are about 7 years old. Besides the cabinet dimensions, they differ from the on-wall M22s in the tweeter and crossover. I really like the new tweeter. The top end of the on-wall sound is a definite improvement over my bookshelf M22s. The range where the bookshelf beats the on walls are in the lower midrange and bass, but the midrange differences depend on the material I'm listening to.

Like Ken mentioned elsewhere, the on-wall M22s image just as well as the bookshelves. I think they may even have better dispersion than the bookshelves -- again, owing to the newer tweeter. If I were comparing a new bookshelf to the on-wall, I'm pretty sure I'd pick the bookshelf. My wife, on the other hand, would pick the on-walls.

#301679 - 04/13/10 10:21 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: pmbuko]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
I think I would agree with your wife, at least for now. I'm trying to improve the looks of my living room and the on-walls are going to go a lot further in that department than the bookshelves currently do. They don't look bad, but the don't look like they belong there either.

#301684 - 04/13/10 11:03 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: CatBrat]
jakewash Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
So Ian's been at it again and changed out parts. Sounds like the new tweeter is a better version. I wonder if we old timers can put them into our original Ti's with similar results.

My HT

#301698 - 04/13/10 11:51 AM Re: Axiom Audio Releases On-wall Speakers [Re: jakewash]
Ken.C Offline

Loc: NoVA
Not from what he's told us. Crossovers get/got? changed, too.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.