AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
4 registered (oakvillematt, newf, Hellcommute, Stsalomon90), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13328 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405170 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10939
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309 - 09/29/01 12:18 PM QS4 placement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where should the QS4's be placed? Side walls or back walls? How high? I am going to use the mounting brackets that came with them. One problem I have with side wall mounting is one would have to be 7' high to be above the openings to the kitchen. So, it could be side walls at 7' or rear wall at any height.

Thanks...

#310 - 09/30/01 07:54 AM Re: QS4 placement
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

The Quadpolar design of the QS4s allows for mounting on either the side or rear walls. 7' is a good height so I wouldn't let that effect you decision. In a 5.1 channel system you should try to place them just slightly behind your main seating area at around 7' from the floor.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

#311 - 04/05/03 08:18 AM Re: QS4 placement
JohnC Offline
frequent flier

Hi,

same problem...just wondering what height would be best (minimum) considering the seating is AGAINST the wall not in front of it. Also how much difference, if any, can there be in terms of height between the rear centre and the surrounds (have to work around what's already on the walls...unless I choose to limp for some time... :-) )

Also, any feedback would be appreciated from denon 3802/3803 owners that have the qs 4 / 8's....

Cheers

J.

#312 - 04/06/03 10:11 AM Re: QS4 placement
alan Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Toronto/New York/Dwight
Hi,

Try and experiment with the surrounds before you drill any holes. The QS surrounds are very accommodating to eccentric placement. They can be mounted at different heights--Dolby Labs says to the sides and slightly back, from two to 5 feet above the height of seated listeners, but every room demands its own variations. I've heard installations with QS8s very high up at the rear in a loft, and they worked wonderfully.

Get some friends or assistants to hold them in different positions and heights to see what works best while you listenn to some good movie soundtracks and good music mixes.

Regards,

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.